Chapter 11

You pushed the door close behind you with your foot and let out a tired sigh while dropping your suitcases on the floor. You explore deeper inside your room. Your bedroom consist of shelves full of books lining up the walls, desk, medium sized bed with Favorite/C duvet and beige curtains lined up neatly by the windows covering you from the sun. All giving off comfortable feeling.

First week of December, thankfully the tour's been paused for the upcoming holiday. Though the question still in your mind is that, why here in a countryside? You always thought you'll be spending the holidays in L.A where you'll be able to focus on your work -only if you wanted too though. But hey, you're not complaining. You rather much spend the holiday at a country side than in a city.

Besides that, the girls rooms were at the opposite side of the hallway, the left wing of the house. It was a good news for the girls that the management had the decency to rent a huge house for two bands to use, last time they went on a holiday on tour they had to spend the rest of their holiday in a tour bus. The place shouldn't be considered as a house, it was huge, it should be called a mansion.

Your fingers gently slide across the curtains before pushing it to the side, opening up to gaze outside the window. The first thing that caught your eyes is the sparkle of the lake that's being reflected by the sun. Its flickering light rays shine in your eyes, making your eyes squint.

Faint knocks on the door interrupted your quiet session, the door slowly opened and you see Lauren peeking through the small gap of the door. You smiled warmly at her, jotting your head to signal her to come in.

"Already done unpacking?" You asked, watching her walk towards your bed.

She nods her head enthusiastically, jumping on your bed and snuggling in your covers. "Yep, why aren't you?"

"Eh, I'll do it later." You shrugged your shoulders.

Lauren swiftly stood up from the bed, shaking her head in disagreement. "No, Y/N. You need to unpack." She told you. "Here, I'll even help you."

"Lauren, you don't have to."

"But I wanted to." Lauren replied, walking over to your suitcases. She bend her knees down and opened them causing some clothes to blow up. You haven't had the time to tidy up your things since you were told to hurry up before driving in to the place.

Lauren shook her head at you, the side of her lip curved up to an amused expression. You shrugged. "I told you not to." You said, grabbing your toiletries and head inside the bathroom, leaving her by herself.

Lauren one by one grabbed all the shirts on the floor, then folding them up and putting them back inside the suitcase, for you to easily arrange them when you transfer them to your cabinet. When she lifted the last shirt up, something caught her attention as it fell out and rolled on the floor. She paused, crawling towards to examine the object.

Lauren grasp the necklace, lifting it up to her eye level and studied it closer. Hanging on was a silver ring, indented with long swirls stretching around the rim, inside has embedded letters that she can't quite read. She lowered the ring down on the palm of her other hand, her whole life she haven't seen that kind of a ring, it was beautiful, the reflecting shine of the sun glinting in her eyes.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Lauren shot up on where she stood, startled, looking down to the necklace and towards you with a guilty look in her eyes. You slowly walked towards her, your hand softly brushing her skin as you gently take the object on her hand.

You stare at the necklace, an unknowing smile on your lips. "Its really special to you, isn't it?" Lauren asked, closely staring the side of your face.