trip

trip: noun
a journey or excursion, especially for pleasure.

2 pm

'You've got everything?', Jungkook asked while loading the luggage into his car.

'I hope so.', I smiled.

He smiled back, looking at me sceptically, 'Why're you grinning?'

'I don't know! I feel like this is going to be fun. I haven't been on a trip in years and weddings are always fun, right?'

Jungkook pecked my lips, 'Yes, and we have some time to ourselves, away from this.'

I was in a good mood about this trip.

And, hell, was I ready to party.

I wonder who'll be there though.

Jungkook and I shared packed snacks, played word games and jammed to The 1975. I fell asleep halfway through the drive and when I woke up it was steadily drizzling outside. A warm throw blanket covered me.

Jungkook's face was tense as he drove. The windshield wipers and his soft humming joined the slow pitter-patter of the rain, sounding like music to my ears. I watched him exhale and brush his fingers through his hair. He turned my way when he noticed me, smiling.

'Good, you're awake, we've almost reached.'

'Is something bothering you?', I readjusted my blanket.

'No, why would it?', Jungkook knitted his eyebrows.

'You just look restive.'

Jungkook nervously laughed, 'I'm fine, baby.'

He stroked my hand that was under the lilac blanket. I snuggled further into the seat and shut my eyes.

6 pm

A hard, obnoxious knock broke me from my slumber.

'ROSE!', J screamed, bouncing up and down from outside.

'J, I told you to wait for me.', Jungkook sighed.

'WAKE UP! WAKE UP!', J continued to scream.

I groaned really loudly, wrapping the blanket over my head.

Go away.

'Rose... We're here.', Jungkook cooed, placing a hand on top of my shoulder.

'Fine.', I replied, my eyes still shut.

'We're at the hotel and they're going to take the car, baby, so either you wake up or I let the valet take you with them to the car park.'

'Why isn't the other option available?', I whined.

'What option?', he said, pulling the blanket off of me.

'The one where you carry me.'

Jungkook sighed, but I knew he was smiling. Even though my eyes were shut, I could feel it.

His arms went under my back and knees as he lifted me up, placing me in the lobby of someplace.

'Aww. Is that Jungkook's girlfriend? The one you were talking about?'