vanilla

vanilla: noun
ice cream flavoured with a substance obtained from vanilla pods.

I miss his scent.
His smirk.
His touch.
And his eyes.

You need to stop thinking about him.

Taehyung opened the gate and proceeded to unlock the door.

'I don't think you should be alone right now. I have a guest room down the hall, I'll get you some clothes.'

I looked around the space. White marble as flooring and countertops, bright white lights and metallic ornaments tied the house together. Medium sized paintings scattered the walls, adding some colour to the mix. It was sophisticated, almost like an art museum.

I dragged my fingers along the kitchen counter and sat down on one of the stools.

I heard the footsteps of Taehyung's feet before he came into view.

'I left some clothes for you in the room at the end of the hallway, go freshen up.'

Walking towards the room, I felt uneasy.

I don't know where I am. I just met this man and now I'm staying in his house. I don't know if I can trust him.

Haha, trust.

But then my eye caught something on the wall.

That's Taehyung with the boys. It looks like it was taken at an event. Were they really that close?

This looks like it was taken on a trip

This looks like it was taken on a trip. Where's J in this one?

And then another picture drew my attention.

Why isn't J in this one either?

But they look happy, and really close

I changed into a sweatshirt and walked back to the kitchen. Taehyung was standing in front of the fridge, adjusting the glasses on his nose to read the label of a container.

'Chocolate or vanilla?', he asked.

     Immediately, I thought of Jungkook and the time he took me out for ice cream to cheer me up.

'Um, how about vanilla?'

I still need to know what happened. Who is this Aria? I really want to meet her.

Taehyung set the tub of ice cream on the counter and pulled out two spoons.

'I still want to know why Jungkook said that Taehyung...'

Giving me a silent nod, he came and sat beside me.

'Rose... Aria, she was... She was raped. Tortured. And murdered. It's really hard for me to explain but that night, she went to the address Jimin gave her and waited, in a dark alleyway, late at night. A few men saw her and... They- they had their way with her. But she ran and hid, she called Jimin numerous times but he never picked up, because he was trying to be there for his father. Before Aria was abducted by the group of men, she called Jungkook, and he answered... But all he could hear was her heavy breathing and then an ear piercing scream... It was too late. We couldn't save her...'

I was speechless. A few tears streamed down my face after listening to what Taehyung just said.

His eyes were glossy, he rubbed his palms on his thighs continuously and looked down at the ground with no emotion.

I cupped my mouth and a whimper escaped my lips as I tried my best not to cry.

Taehyung wrapped his arms around me when he heard me, rubbing my back. Tears that now poured down my cheeks were absorbed by his shirt.

I can't believe Jimin did that. I can't believe Jungkook would hold it against him.

I can't believe that he thinks Jimin might do that to me.

'I'm sorry. I know Jimin and I know Jungkook. Neither of them would let anything like that happen to you. Jungkook was drunk, Rose. He didn't know what he was saying.'

I thought I'd feel better after him telling me the story, but I just feel worse.

'Taehyung.', I said between hiccups, 'Thank you, but I think I need to sleep.'

'Yeah, come on.'

     He walked me to the room and helped me get settled. I lifted the covers over my body and tried to get comfortable.

'Taehyung?'

'Yes?', he raised his eyebrows.

'The pictures in the hallway, why do most of them not have J in it?'

'I think you've heard enough for one night, Rose. Goodnight.', he abruptly said, shutting the door to my temporary room.

I checked the time on my phone.

1 AM

It read.

Great. Now I'm love and sleep deprived.