tango

tango: noun
a ballroom dance originating in Buenos Aires, characterised by marked rhythm and postures and abrupt pauses.

1 am

I tilted my head back, the peanut falling directly onto my tongue.

He groaned in exasperation.

'Yes!', I cheered, 'All right, so what's your biggest fear?', I whispered, my face close to his.

'Aiy, pollito, you really want to know?', he took a sip of his bourbon.

I nodded my head vigorously.

'I fear women.'

I laughed, slapping my hand on the bar.

'I'm serious. They're deadly creatures, a species of their own, and only a true man knows that.'

'That's true. But why does that make you fear them?'

'They have your feelings wrapped around their dainty fingers, they get you so vulnerable! It's the men who put up a front and act hostile in front of women because they are afraid, afraid to be vulnerable.'

'Interesting...', I sipped on a can.

This smells like cough syrup, why am I drinking it?

[play media]

'What are you most afraid of, hermosa?', the man popped a peanut into his mouth.

Being alone.

'Hey, do you want to dance?', I ignored his question, swirling the liquid in my can around.

'I'm afraid you have to catch a peanut in your mouth to ask me a question, chica.'

'Oh, come on.'

The man smirked at me, he looked at the people on the floor. Not many were dancing, the club slightly empty at this time.

'Do you tango?', he asked.

I squinted my eyes at him.

'No, but I'm incredibly flexible if that counts.'

He laughed, helping me off the stool.

He shrugged his suit jacket off. His hands took mine in his. Standing in front of me, he positioned his leg in front of me, making me lean against it, our face very close to touching. His hand grazed my side, going down to my hip and thigh, lifting it up and wrapping my leg around his waist.
He smiled at me, before spinning me out in one hand and in with the other.

My shoes moved smoothly against the dance floor. He kicked his heel up in between my legs and so copied him.

This is too cool.

We danced around the dance floor, making sharp changes in direction at all the corners. He twisted me in his arms, dipping me so low, my hair grazed the ground.

Things got dirty and fun. I was shaking body parts I didn't even know I could shake. I probably looked wild, but no one seemed to care. So I continued to whip my hair and pop chest, shaking my ass as often as I could.

We continued dancing into the night until the club was lonesome and quiet and our feet were tired and swollen.