VIII

"I think it's kind of obvious" Robyn dried her tears as Aubrey turned his full attention to her, and intertwined their fingers together.
"Why do you think i'm so hesitant about men touching me? I get so annoyed with men easily, and I hate talking about Jemuel."

"I don't wanna say it." Aubrey told her, He figured it out from the beginning.

"No! You have to. The only person that knows is Sabrina, and I feel so foolish to say it because I let him do it and I don't leave him."

"He beats you?"
Robyn nodded and squeezed his hand as Aubrey's body tensed up.
"I've been thrown on a wall, slapped, punched, there are scars on my back, arms and legs," She smiled to herself, "I feel like a slave. If I fight back, I get punished. I get punished if i get attitude, and I have to ask permission to go out..He also rapes me."

"What?! Robyn why haven't you done anything?"

"I'm scared Aubrey. Jemuel is the scariest person I ever met eyes with. He makes me weak."

"You have to tell someone."

"I will. But don't tell anyone until I do." Robyn demanded. "Cross your heart and promise me."
Aubrey did as he was told, and looked into her soft eyes, "I'm going to protect you no matter what okay?"
She looked away.
"Okay Robyn?"
"Okay." She muttered.
He started the engine again, and watched her fall asleep. She was his number one priority now, someone as sweet as her didn't deserve such cruelty.
Aubrey pulled out his phone, and called Darrell.
"Hey D, I'm gonna need a favor."
"What?"
"Can you like go find another room; like be gone when I get there?"
"Why?"
"Just leave, I'm almost there."
"Okay, Okay, you owe me." With that Darrell hung up.
Later, Robyn started to stir out of her sleep, She looked up. "Aubrey? Where are you taking me?" He drove past her neighborhood.
"You're not going home with him. On my watch at least."
"Aubrey! Turn around! You're putting me in so much trouble!"
Aubrey put his free-hand on her cheek, "You're gonna be in so much more trouble, if I let you go back there babygirl."
Robyn started to panic, Jemuel was capable of so many things, and if she went missing he wasn't gonna hesitate to look for her.
She rubbed her head as he pulled in to the hotel.
He grabbed her hand and took her up to his room. He sighed with relief as Darrell was nowhere to be found.
"I'm making you stay here, okay? It's not safe! I'm not letting you go back there for 2 days. If you wanna stay here after 2 days, that's fine, but I can't worry about you while you're over there."
"Why do you care about me so much?"
"Because you're worth caring for and I.."
"You what?"
"Nothing babygirl, just go to sleep."
"I'm taking a shower. I call it first too." She jumped off the bed, and ran in the bathroom.
----
Robyn let the steaming shower hit her body.
Why does this man care for her so much?
She's never met a person who opened up their personal space for her, not even Sabrina who's been her best friend since kindergarten. For a man to do this, Robyn was so overwhelmed. She just met this guy, she already trusted him so much. But this was definitely a bad idea, Jemuel would beat her so bad for running away, especially with another man, but she hoped Aubrey wouldn't let him.
----
Aubrey laid on his bed. His heart started to speed up as he heard the shower turn off. The door opened, he stared her, She looked so beautiful.
She bit her lip, "What?"
"Nothing..nothing, what do you need?"

nothing, what do you need?"

"Um clothes..." Robyn laughed.

"Right..Right."

"I sleep in T-shirts if you have one."

"Yeah.." He handed her a oversized OVO tee.
She took it and he gave a her confused look.
"What about under-things"
"I don't sleep in those."
"Not even the bottom half?"
"No silly, I sleep light." She went in the bathroom.
She came out again, makeup off, hair up, and just in a large t-shirt. "Stop staring." She put her face in the palms of her hands.
"Sorry. Do you wanna get some of your things tomorrow?"
She shook her head, her smile faded.
"Well, what about you get some of Sabrina's clothes? I know you have a key."
"Sabrina is way thicker than me honey."
"You don't have sleepovers and shit?"
"I took all my stuff home."
"Well Robyn..You need clothes, your toothbrush, stuff like that"
"Okay I'll go to the house..But you have to come with me okay?"
"Of course I will. Does he work?"
"Yes, he leaves at 7am and gets home at 6."
"Okay we'll go when you're ready."
"Thank you Aubrey.."
"Anytime."
She hugged him and dragged herself to bed. While Aubrey went to go shower, she texted Sabrina everything. Of course Sabrina was ecstatic. Robyn shut her phone off and pretended to sleep when Aubrey opened the bathroom door. He looked at her and smiled. He turned the lights off and kissed her on the forehead.
********
question: How would you feel if you had a friendship like Robyn does with Aubrey, and he called you babygirl? Would you be uncomfortable or?