V

"Hey you." Aubrey tapped her shoulder. She turned around with a confused look.
"You are?" She asked.
"Aubrey. I saved you from falling on your face the other day." He said as she chuckled.
"Oh! I remember you. I was in a hurry...I guess."
"It's fine. I never got your name?" Aubrey needed to know this girl.
"Robyn. Robyn Fenty."
"Isn't that gorgeous." Aubrey looked at her, as she smiled a little.
"Thank you."
"Can I buy you a drink?"
"Oh no. Please don't. I don't do those old ass pickup lines, besides my boyfriend doesn't like it when I get buzzed"
"Boyfriend?"
"Yes..Sorry" Robyn shook her head, "You didn't need to know that."
"It's fine." Aubrey said, slightly touching her shoulder.
"Do not touch me."
"Wow, okay I'm sorry."
Robyn quickly got annoyed, What did this guy want?
"I'm not that kind of man, really." Aubrey assured her by the look on her face, "I just wanna get to know you."
"Fine." Robyn said.
She turned to Sabrina, and whispered something in her ear. Sabrina raised her eyebrows and waved Robyn off. Robyn leaded Aubrey to the bar where they sat down.
"What brings you here? I've never seen you here before." Robyn broke the awkward silence.
"I'm from America. On vacation from my career."
"Really? Where?" Robyn said intrigued.
"LA."
"I've always wanted to go there!" She beamed.
"Why don't you?"
"Money." She looked down.
"It's ok, but they call me Drake in America."
"Wait are you the celebrity Drake?" Robyn was shocked, she was talking to a celebrity!
Aubrey laughed at her curiousness, "You listen to my music?"
Robyn nodded, "Only a couple, I listen to Signs, Blem, and Madiba Riddim" She smiled.
"Babygirl..Those aren't the only songs I have" He laughed.
Her stomach fluttered with butterflies when he said Babygirl. "I know I know, I just like Caribbean style music." Robyn giggled, "Tell you what? When I get home, I'll listen to more"
"Okay. Sounds like a plan."
"Just so you know though..I'm gonna call you Aubrey."
"Why"
"It's your real name. Not your title. A name says something about one person."
He nodded in awe at her significance.
They talked the whole night away.
Robyn thought he was corny, but she liked him. He was great company and his laugh was everything.

On the other hand, Aubrey knew exactly how Robyn was going to be

On the other hand, Aubrey knew exactly how Robyn was going to be. Humble. Funny. Beautiful. Shy. Defensive. Independent.

They connected

They connected.
"My bestfriend's name is Sabrina, and yeah."
"What about this boyfriend of yours?" Aubrey asked as Robyn told her important people in her life.
"Oh..Um his name is Jemuel."
Aubrey furrowed his eyebrows, she got so uptight when she talked about him.
"Well." Aubrey cleared his throat, "My bestfriend's name is Darrell. He's a troublemaker but he's like my brother"
Robyn nodded, as the club began to empty.
"I should be getting back home." Robyn saw Sabrina dancing uncontrollably, It was time to go.
Aubrey sighed and nodded, "Can I get your number?"
Robyn exhaled, This guy was nice. "Sure. You're so damn lucky, I don't do this often."
They exchanged numbers, and Robyn waved goodbye as she dragged Sabrina out the club.
He waved back, and finished his drink.
Darrell finally spotted Aubrey in the club.
"Hey man. You find her?"
"Yeah."
"You talk to her?"
"All night."
"How was it?"
"Amazing."