Date

*Tierra's POV*
I went to go turn the handle to the car and Vonni nearly cut off my hand. "U NEVER touch doors when you wit me and I can do it." I looked at him and apologized. And laughed it off. Okay so he was serious looking. "Ti why did you assume I'm like the rest of these niggas?" I had to think about what led up to me building a wall against feeling for boys. "Well to be honest I've never liked a boy cus ion got the time for it and all I see is hurt when somebody get wit one so I just put it into my mind that ion need a nigga. But you're being difficult." I said out of true honesty because I've never wanted to actually be with a nigga. Like have a full blown relationship. "I don't know what you have been seeing around ya but trust me babygirl I'm not here to hurt ya. I just want to grow in a relationship with you. It's something about your intelligence that makes me want to learn more about you and your insight on the world. I'm not here for sex or cus yo booty fat which it is. Buh I'm here because I like spending time wit you." I couldn't help but smile up at him. Once again the perfect things to say at the perfect time. "I might just let you" I said then looked back the road. As we pulled up to this huge building I was confused. "You said you liked to read right?" He opened my car door and the building door and what I say amazed me. There were a bunch of books in a whirl around bookshelf. And then a Starbucks center right in the middle. Two of my favorite things. He must've remembered when I told him in class. "Oh em gee Vonni" I didn't have any other words. "Go pick out some books on me" he said looking down at me. I literally ran to the horror section dragging him along. They had every book on my wishlist. I kept it to a minimum of three because I didn't want to spend all his money on our first da-wait is this a date. "Vonni um is this a date" I said curiously. "If that's what you want it to be shawty". I said "oh Issa date". At that I continued to get me some books. He kept begging me to get more than three but I resisted. Once we got back in the car with our coffee and my books I was content with life. "We going back to my place" he demanded. "Uh okay I don't really care" I tried to say laid back buh really I was hoping I get to see his room this time.

*Vonni POV*
I'm taking her to my room this time but no funny business is going on. I don't want to mess it up with this girl. We just going to chill and play some fortnite or gta. She was being stingy and wouldn't get more books Buh if that's what she wanted she got it. I'm trying to think of a movie we should watch that's on Netflix. We finna watch Luke Cage I heard girls like that one. Once we got in she looked a little awkward. "Shawty make yo self at home." She sat down and was asked " is your mom home". Nah knowing my mom she's working again. That's her excuse for everything. "Nope she at work most likely. We got the house allllll to ourself. What you wanna do?" She thought for a second or two then stated "I wanna talk about you for once." " Okay What you wanna know" I don't have anything to hide. "Why did you end up moving in the middle of the year" she asked curiously. That brought me back to a time I don't want to remember. "I used to be a basketball star at my school then I got into a big fight. Not only did it ruin my reputation I injured my knee putting me out for a whole season. People around town were talking and my mom didn't like what was going on so we moved for a fresh start." I can't believe I told her that. I didn't cry or anything but it just makes me upset that I had all that going for me and one stupid fight ruins it. As she was saying I'm sorry her phone rang "why's the hospital calling me" when she answered she looked the life got pushed through her.

*Tierra's POV*
My mom tried to kill her self