Cleanup and Burial

Over the course of the day, all of The Fallen were accounted for and graves dug. The twin double-curved swords were fastened together with leather ties and stuck in the ground at the Guard's heads, their helms resting on top. An alchemical mage had retrieved helms and swords from the armory, transforming them into Royal Guard implements for the fallen mages and wolves. Twenty-seven bodies were laid to rest, four of them being battlemages, two were healers, and Lieutenant Isarac Chesthammer.

Through it all, hundreds of wolves stood watch over them.

--o0o-

As Tanaya slipped into the bedroom, closing the door and removing her tattered and filthy garments, the princess stirred on the bed, She rolled over and sat up, blinking at the beautiful but bedraggled warrioress. Tanaya's nude muscular frame shifted and moved with the precision borne of her training, each tendon hard beneath her skin. Serenna got out of bed and walked over to her champion who held up a hand in a wait gesture.

"What's wrong?" asked Serenna. Tanaya smiled back tiredly, her intense blue eyes showing her near exhaustion.

"I'm absolutely filthy with the stink and horrors of that battle," replied the fighter. "Please allow me to bathe, Serenna." She bent to give the princess a peck on top of the head and headed for the bathtub. She sank into the warm water, exhaling slowly and contentedly. As she bathed, they talked.

"Highness," she said, after ducking her head under the water to rinse it and apply copious amounts of soap to her hair and face, "I'm curious how you managed to get away from your guardians and make your way outside. Do I need to have a talk with your protectors?"

Despite the healing mages pouring out their beneficial spells, muscles ached and scratches abounded all over her body. Serenna chuckled, dipping a silver pitcher to pour over Tanaya's head while the latter scrubbed off the grime.

"You will do no such thing, Commander," she emphasized the last word playfully. "They were anxious to join the battle and fight alongside their comrades, so I released them from me, assuring them that I would stay inside."

"Oh, I see," Tanaya mused, snaking a hand back to caress Serenna's silky raven-black hair. "So, they were following your orders and you defied security procedures." Quick as lightning, her long arm curled over Serenna's shoulders. She pulled, placing her other hand on the princess' stomach, using the fulcrum to flip the girl upside down to land with a splash in Tanaya's lap. Serenna squeaked in surprise at the sudden action. The big warrioress pulled the royal close to her, wrapping her arms around the wet girl and nuzzling her.

"Thank you, Serenna," she whispered, her breath warm on the girl's ear. "Without your aid, none of us would have survived." She tenderly kissed Serenna's soft cheek. She peeled off the royal's soaked garment and settled her once again, skin against skin in the warm water. Tanaya moved a hand to cup the princess' mound while kissing and licking her neck. Serenna sighed at her lover's touch, bending her knees and spreading her legs wider to receive the gentle fingers. She relaxed and closed her eyes as Tanaya's other hand caressed every inch of her.

"I had feared that you'd be upset with me," Serenna murmured, helpless to resist the attention. A finger slipped deeply into her, crooking to stroke and massage her g-spot. Soft lips kissed the outside of her ear as Tanaya breathed gently.

"I admit, I was concerned when I figured out what you are." Another finger slipped slowly into Serenna's tight rear entrance, pushing gently all the way into her. "But, you hadn't done anything to warrant action against you."

Tanaya lightly pinched and tugged Serenna's nipples. The large woman's fingers began moving in and out of the royal, wriggling as they did so. The one in her pussy stroking her g-spot as the palm pressed her clit, sliding up and down with the action. As she tensed and shivered with her orgasm, there was a knock at the door to the chamber. With her fingers and hands still roaming the compact noble's body, Tanaya spoke in a clear, professional voice.

"It's late. Is this important?" A twist of the wrist, another sighing orgasm from the princess.

The heavy wooden door muffled Jacqueline's voice.

"Commander, Captain MacNaulty is taking first watch at the archer's watch post. He sent me to tell you that the tower is now surrounded by carnivores and carrion-eaters. They don't pose an immediate threat. However, for safety, all of the Royal Guard is inside. He wants to know if he should try to disperse the animals, or let them feed?"

Tanaya began vibrating her hand in and out, up and down, pleasuring Serenna and eliciting constant sighs and whimpers, too soft to be heard outside the door.

"As long as they're not a threat to this building or the horses, let them have a banquet. That much less we'll have to take care of in the morning."

"Aye, Commander. Sorry to disturb you. Have a good night."

"Thank you, Sergeant. See me in the morning at breakfast. I have something I wish to discuss with you. You're dismissed." Tanaya waited a few more seconds, and not receiving an answer, assumed correctly that Jacqueline had left.

She picked Serenna up, neatly flipped her around and moved her head between the young woman's slender smooth thighs, seating the dripping wet royal on her shoulders and burying her nose in Serenna's folds. As her tongue touched Serenna's clit, the woman-girl came again and collapsed over Tanaya's head, digging her nails into the warrioress' back, leaving long red welts. Tanaya's tongue flickered over the delicate clit, Serenna clawing and moaning, coming constantly now. As she licked, Tanaya again inserted a finger into Serenna to massage her g-spot, turning the noble to putty.

With the girl draped over her head, Tanaya stood up and got out of the tub, Serenna being unable to do much more than whimper and shiver by this time. Steadying the girl with one hand, Tanaya reached for a towel with which to dry the princess, her tongue, and fingers unrelenting in their ministrations. Awkward, yes, but so satisfying. Tanaya balanced on alternate feet as she dried herself, Serenna a mere pleasant, delicious weight that she carried to the bed and gently lay on the covers with a loving smile. Serenna opened her eyes to barely a slit, a fulfilled smile on her own face.

"Warrior," whispered a barely coherent Serenna, "I love you."

Tanaya's heart soared as she climbed into bed next to the princess, snuggling close.

"Your Royal Highness," she said, her face poised over Serenna's, the strawberry and lilac scent stronger than ever, "I love you, too."