Of the Deserving and the Undeserving|Jason Todd

[FIRST FIGHT]

First Person/Your Point of View

I sighed as I sat on the couch, glancing out of the window as I waited for Jason to come home. He was usually home from patrol at around two in the morning and it was nearly three.

I tapped my fingers on my knees, trying my very best to stay awake. I closed my eyes as they started to feel heavier. My head began to move to the side and I snapped my eyes open, shaking my head to wake myself up.

After a couple more minutes of waiting- that felt like hours, I saw his figure at the window. He opened it as quietly as he could, and stepped in.

"Y/n? What are you doing up?" he questioned with a perplexed expression,.

He closed the window and pressed the release button on his helmet, taking it off.

"I was waiting for you" I spoke and my heart began to beat faster as I saw a frown form on his face.

He opened his mouth to speak, but I beat him to it. "I feel asleep I swear! I just woke up at two and you weren't in bed so I got worried".

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, something he usually did when he was stressed or upset. "Y/n I thought I told you to stop waiting up for me" he told me as he glowered at me.

"I know Jay, I tried, but I just couldn't go back to sleep-" "Well try harder!" he retorted loudly.

I stood up and shook my head, "Jason, you know I worry about you".

"I know, and I wish you'd just stop" he spoke harshly.

I swallowed as I looked at him, lowering my gaze to the floor as he scowled at me.

"I'm not worth all this worrying, I don't deserve love- especially yours. I deserve to die and stay dead to burn in hell forever" he spoke with a cold voice.

It pained me to hear him talk about himself so lowly.

I walked up to him and slowly brought my hand up to his face, stroking his scarred cheek gently.

"No you don't. You deserve more than me. You deserve the whole entire world! You don't deserve this horrible city that is too far gone! You don't deserve to die again because it was not your fault! You deserve more than you have" I told him, holding his face between my hands as I gazed at him lovingly.

"You've gone through a lot, and you don't deserve more pain. But I will always be here for you. I will always love you for you; because to me, you're perfect" I slowly leaned in and  lovingly pressed a small kiss on his forehead.

He wrapped his arms around me and put his face in the crook of my neck. I ran my fingers through his hair, receiving a small hum of gratitude from him.

"Your words were beautiful, you almost made me believe I deserve you" Jason spoke as he pulled his face away from my neck.

"One day I will" I whispered to him as I gazed into his warm eyes. I pressed my lips against his gently in a sweet and slow kiss.

"I love you, so much Y/n" Jason whispered breathlessly as his forehead rested against mine.

"I know" I whispered back as I carefully appreciated every inch of his face, "I love you too, Jason".

I hadn't realized that I had this one in my drafts for ages.

Also, I feel that I am slowly getting better and I will be able to write more. In some of my imagines before this one, warnings included suicidal and self deprecating thoughts. I just wanted to say that if you are thinking about suicide- don't do it. Just think about all of the people around you and all of things you stand for. I am still alive today and slowly I am feeling more happier and I actually have hope for my future.

I hope you enjoyed my writing, and I hope you all stay safe.

With love and gratitude,

  -mgBookLover