Empty and Cold~ Robin|Damian Wayne

Warning: Sad, thoughts of suicide

He tossed and turned, his eyes tightly screwed shut as the events played out in his nightmare.

"No, please don't leave me" he cried as he tried to grasp their wrist- try to stop them from leaving. They turned towards him and looked at him with pity, "I'm sorry Damian, but it's not working out. Goodbye". Then they walked out the door as he stumbled after them. But when he looked out the door, they were gone. Tears blurred his vision as he broke down. He fell to the floor and sobbed, tears falling down his cheeks rapidly. He cried and cried for hours, until he was sitting in a puddle of his own pathetic tears.

Damian sat up in bed, breathing heavily, and wiped the thin sheet of sweat that had gathered off his forehead. He immediately turned to look at the space next to him, waiting for a comforting hug, before remembering it was empty. His heart beat faster, and he got up, stumbling out and into the kitchen.

He held onto the counter as his breathing quickened, and he swallowed the lump in his throat. He thought about them. Their laugh. Their smile. Their eyes. Their presence.

And he calmed down, his breathing returning to normal.

But his moment of calmness was interrupted, as the phone rang and he scrambled to get it. It was them. It had to be.

"H-hello?" His voice was weak, as he quickly answered the phone call, his hope rising. He only heard a dull beep dragging out, signaling that no one was on the other line. His heart dropped as he waited, his hope slowly dying, until he realized that no one had actually called him. He had only imagined it. He shook his head and pressed his lips together in a thin line, a frown making it's way onto his face.

He hung up and walked to the kitchen, picking up a glass cup and slamming it on the floor harshly as he glared at it. His knees buckled and he collapsed on top of the broken glass, crying as his blood dripped out of the new cuts and covered the floor. His blood and tears mixed, creating a faded red puddle around him. He growled as he slammed his hand down onto the glass, paining him even more. But the pain in his heart was not surpassed by the small cuts.

He didn't understand. Why would they leave him? He was always so cocky, thinking about his good traits that he never thought about the bad, that heavily outweighed the good. He was smart, good looking, and rich. But he was also hot headed, grumpy, demanding, and rude.

He could not help it. He missed them. So much to the point that the thought of suicide was lingering in the back of his head, at times consuming his every thought. He could barely function.

As pathetic as it was, he couldn't get over them. They were his comfort. His reason for living.

He got a glass of water and quickly gulped it down before trudging back to his room, leaving the mess behind.  Slipping underneath the covers of his empty, cold bed and into another nightmare that was now his everyday reality.

Thank you for reading!
Have a nice day!

     -mgBookLover out........