Chapter 20 Miracle Lane

Chapter 20

Miracle Lane

It's been a few days that I've have been released from hospital and my mind is all over the place. And what makes it even worse is that Sergio- who I just found out is my brother hasn't come to visit me since the day when our parents told us everything. What hurts the most is when he never looked me in the eye once he found out that I was his sister. When he explained that he saw everything, when I was raped and didn't do anything, he had broken down. He didn't look at me once when he explained and I tried to comfort him but he just kept pushing me away. I felt like my whole life had just been torn apart. He kept on blaming himself and I kept on chanting to him that it wasn't his fault.

Jason had come past a couple of times a day and would keep on hugging me. He would whisper to me encouraging words that would make me forget about Sergio. I had asked Jason if he had heard of Sergio, and what made me more worried was that he hasn't heard of him as well. I've tried calling him but he would not pick up his phone or he would hang up the call in two rings.

Jason and I went to his place to see him. He wasn't there and his roommate said he hasn't been there since he was at Jason's place staying. It has got me worrying all day and night. Thinking something has happened to him. I haven't told Jason that Sergio is his cousin and not brother. I haven't told him that his my twin either. I can't seem to open my mouth when Jason thinks to why Sergio disappeared. How am I supposed to tell him that he and I have been living a lie and that Jason himself is as well.

I still can't register all the things my mother and father had told me. I don't know what to believe anymore.

The past couple of days Danny has been by my side the whole time. He would always speak of the man at the hospital who brought him hot chocolate and pancakes.

The man I seem to always dream about and goes by the name of  'Angelo'.

"I lied to him and his brother that there was a clown. His brother Dante screamed like a girl and had to hide behind Angelo." Danny says laughing. "And then I put the money in his pocket when he wasn't looking."

Danny explains how he had slipped the money in Angelo's pocket and he never realised. The clown trick that always works because most people are scared of clown or love them. They always tend to look around for that certain clown that isn't there.

I let out a chuckle. "You used the clown trick!"

"Yep!" He exclaims laughing. "Lucky for me.....there was a lady with red hair. She helped me even though she didn't know."

Looking down at him, I start playing with his hair and laugh.

My little boy who has always asked me who his father is. The pain I feel in my chest when I have to lie to him that his father is working in Europe and always thinks of him. How I now know who his father is now and how am I supposed to tell him that his mother had raped someone and got pregnant. How am I supposed to say that to a 10 year old. I know one day his going to hate me for lying to him and it's going to hurt. It's going to hurt me because I'm going to lose him forever.

Knock

Knock

I up at the open door of my room and see my brother that I haven't seen for a few years looking at me with a sad smile and a baby in his arms. The baby let's out a cry and he looks down with smile still plastered on.

I see him bouncing the baby in his arms. "Shh......shhh....."

The baby stops crying and he gives the baby a dummy (A/N: known in America as a pacifier.) which the baby happily latches on to and snuggles closer to my brothers chest.