Chapter 11. Miracle Lane / Angelo Apollo

Miracle Lane

"Now I present you the bride and the groom." The MC shouts out and a soft melody starts playing. People clapping and cheering.

"Aunty, I can't wait till you get married. I want to see you in a white dress, next to your husband holding hands and dancing together." Danny yells in my ear due to the loud but yet soft melody.

Me married! I really can't see that happening. Who in their perfect mind would even look at me or be in a relationship with me? Which guy would want to have a blind wife that can't cook, clean, even iron his shirts for work or for a party?

"Honey, it's too early for me to get married." I say to him in the nicest way possible.

"Everyone get your partners, parents, grandparent, or even your nieces or nephews and come down to the dance floor to dance the waltz." The MC says.

"Let's go Aunty!!" Danny shouts into my ear. 

I laugh. "Let's go!" He helps me up and leads me to the dance floor.

A song starts playing that I've never heard before. I start moving my right leg in the right side a little and do the same with my left to the right side.

I feel hands wrap around my waist. "I love you, Aunty." Danny yells out so everybody hears.

I hear 'aww' around. I can just imagine people staring at us. Hope Diana is not a-

"What was that you, brat?" Spoke to late.

"I was." Danny starting saying but she interrupted him.

I feel her grabbing my hand and dragging me to somewhere.

"Was what? Huh! Watch what I'm going to do to you when we go home you brat."

I feel my blood boiling inside of me. "Who do you think you are? Leave him alone! All you do is nag, nag and nag. Do you ever stop?! Do you ever?!" I say anger taking over me.

"You.....You started all this to the family to be like this. You did all this. Brainwashing my son to act like you." She screams at me.

"I started what exactly, huh. All I can remember is that it was you who did everything but it all fell on me. Making me look like the bad person. Im sick and tired being treated like this. I'm sick of it."

I can't take this any longer being treated like the black sheep in the family when nothing is my fault.

"Only if you know the truth!" She says and laughs and I hear her walk away.

What does she mean by 'only if you know the truth?' What should I know that isn't being told to me?

"Aunty, don't listen to her she's jelly because you're prettier then her." I snap out of my thoughts.

"Danny, what does jelly mean and she's your mother don't say that."

"Aunty, I don't care what I said, you're prettier then her, and jelly mean jealous." He giggles out. 

"You kids now days have very funny short words for words" I say confused as to what I said that didn't make sense. Maybe I should start learning the short words for words. I could probably start making sense then.

"Aunty, I love you!"

"I love you too baby boy!......... Now let's go and finish what we started." I laugh holding his hand and he leads the way back to the dance floor.