Chapter 18 Miracle Lane

Chapter 18

Miracle Lane

She had to be part in this doing.

She walks closer towards Sergio, and I pull him by hand closer to me. She was the one that told me my best friend had died. Who held me when I was mourning for his supposed death.

I should have known that she was lying to me. Being the naive girl I am! I believed her. Blaming myself that everything was my fault.

Has she known all along that I was raped and had my innocence taken away from me?  Does she know I'm going to live my life knowing that I've been used like a rag cloth? Feeling scared when a unknown man touch me! Just like the man few meters away from me with his back turned my way. Who helped me up from the hospital bed?

Does my sister have any dignity left in her self? How could she do this to me? How could she do this to her own flesh and blood! How? How could she rape someone? How does she have the gut to do that? Lying to everybody that she doesn't know Danny's father and when he is the guy that had tried helping me and got shot just for me.

"You knew all along!" I say in a whisper to her.

Her face expression turns into shock. "It was only for the best! I had to do what I did!"

"This isn't about Sergio, Mum! This is about how I was raped." I tell her and everyone in the room gasps. "You were the one that told me that i was in another car accident. Sergio and I were in a car accident before everything else happened. So, did you have any part in this?"

She gasps. "Baby-"

I interrupted her. "I've always been the perfect child to you and Dad. I'm no perfect child. I've never been the perfect child. I've been thrown out like trash." I look down and take a huge breath. "Am I even your daughter? I've always had my doubts about it because I look nothing like you or my siblings."

I look up at her and she has tears in her eyes. "You're mine! Mine! You're my baby. My Miracle. I love you so much Miracle. Please, I'm begging you to never say that again."

Looking away from her I see the man who I fell on at the cafe and helped me up, looking at me with sympathy in his eyes. He gives me a smile once again and I give him a small smile back.

I can not take out my anger at him or push him away. I don't know him and he looks like a man that has respect towards women. However, It does look like there is a black aura surrounding him. Wanting to pull him down and take over him.

I see him walk up to Danny and bend down to his level. He gives Danny a smile and whispers something in his ear. Danny bursts out a huge smile and grabs hold of his large hand. The man stands up holding Danny's hand in his own and walks towards my father who's looking at mother and I with tears in his eyes. I see the man say something to my father and my father nods his head sending a smile his way.

I see the man start playing with Danny's hair. A warmth feeling swells up in my heart. I see them walk out the room and I start panicking.

Where is he taking my boy?

Before I know it I open my mouth. "What are you doing?"

The man turns around and Danny speaks up. "Your hus- ops. I mean Angelo is taking me to the hospitals cafe. His going to buy me hot chocolate and pancakes!" He says.

Nodding my head I then turn to Sergio. "The little bag I had. Did you by any chance take it?" I ask him.

"Dante here." He points out to a guy that looks very similar to the man holding Danny's hand wave at me and I smile at him. "He was kind enough to grab it." He says and hands my little bag containing my money.