Chapter 23. 'Undress!'

Anusha's POV

I settled down on the stool in front of the dressing table and started taking my jewelry off. No matter how beautiful I was looking with still the accessories on I needed to take them off, my ears, neck, head and even wrists were crying.

I was taking my earrings off when the bedroom door opens and Siddharth came inside locking the door behind him. Smoothly.

The way his feet stepped in and with a swift move he turned and locked the handle my heart skipped several beats.
My breathing stopped and I avoided his gaze. Movies have spoiled my brain enough.

He made his way towards me, looking into my eyes through the reflection in the mirror. Eyes bright but face calm.

He had already changed his sherwani. How lucky! The husband of mine was wearing sweatpants and a round neck t-shirt that shows off his perfect biceps and defined chest.

And here I was struggling with these damn earrings. I needed to feel free.

He stood behind me
"Do you need some help?" he asked me,

He must have seen me struggling.

I panicked evem when he did nothing.

"No. it's ok. I'm fine. I can do it by myself. I can do it. Thank you. I can do it. I'll..."
I said instantly in a single breath.

Relax Anusha!

Why are you always so clumsy in front of him?

"Relax. I was just asking"
he chuckled and shrugged, made his way to the bed. He was half lying on the bed but still looking at me.

I was struggling with this earring from the past few minutes when they finally came off, I did an internal happy dance. I felt my ears breathing again.
I managed to take the earring chain off my ears and hair.
Sighing in relief it was the turn for my necklace and then the dupatta secured over my head tightly.

I was struggling, trying to take it off but no use there wrre a lot of pins securing it. My hands started to ache from keeping them raised for this long.
I was tired to say the least. I needed sleep.

I heard him chuckle. I looked towards him from the mirror and found him staring me with a smile on his face. I bet my glare was visible, I was that pissed.

I raised my eyebrows which says 'what so funny?' To which he shook his head trying hard to hide his smile.

I smiled realising he was right about me using some help,
"Actually, I would like to use some help,"
I said biting my lower lip looking at him.

He smiled widely,
"with pleasure"
stoop up from the bed and came to help me.

He was taking pins off my dupatta, trying not to cause me any pain, he succeeded earlier than expected. Meanwhile I took off my bangles, kalire, except churha.

When I was a kid - a teenager actually, I was in love with the feeling of getting married just because I would get a chance to dress up in a bridal outfit and makeup, everything but today I was hit by the truck of realisation.
It sounds better from afar!

When he started untying my hair from the bun, I was secretly proud of his accomplishments.

Taking off pins from my bun, whenever his finger touching my bare neck it felt like electric currents passing through me.

I controlled myself from showing this to him - how much his touch was affecting me was beyond my thoughts.

When he was done, he went back to his place on the bed. Not before eyeing his achievements with pride, I literally saw his chest puffing.