Chapter 21. 'Broke down'

Anusha's POV

I woke up with a severe headache. Like hammer hitting my head again and again. It was that unbearable.
When I got up from the bed and a made bee-line towards the cabinet immediately, took a painkiller, ignoring the fact my throat was burning I swallow it down.

I brushed-bathed, did all the morning rituals and came out wearing a light outfit for the day.

It was my Mehendi today.

I came out of the room and found all my friends and parents preparing for the function. My arrival was most awaited I made a guess.

I was wearing a dark blue coloured ankle length Anarkali suit, with red Jaipuri style artwork on it and paired it up with silver jewelry. The dress looked heavy but was exactly the otherwise.

"Look who's up. The bride."
Ayusha said hugging me
"Atleast you smell nice this morning"

"You have no idea what you did last night," Radhika said once she approached us in a whisper.

" What?"
I asked curiously.

I hoped I hadn't done anything embarrassing the time.

" You called Siddharth last night after getting drunk." Ayusha said

"I did?" my eyes widened.
I feel the heat radiating through me in embarrassment. I looked over Ayusha and then Radhika and she nodded her head only.

" What did I say?"

"We don't know that part. You excused yourself to the bathroom." Radhika said

I face-palmed my self.

I had no idea why I did the thing I did, and what did I say to him? Was the thought troubling me more.
I don't even remember anything after getting my 3rd glass.

I just hoped he understood myself being out of mind. I wasn't not prepared for his roasting.

"And sneaking you in last night was the toughest part." Radhika said with pursed lips

"Hang in there. If you are expecting yourself to be loud- all screaming, singing, shouting, then this is where you are wrong." Ayusha said looking playfully at me
"You are more like a cry baby and sleepy baby mixture when drunk. Oh, boy you are a trouble."

Way cringes.

"Hey, Bhagwaan kyu Meri Zindagi jhand hai"
(Oh god why my life is like this)
I said while looking upwards to god seeking some help.

"No beta you have a very beautiful life"
I jumped on my spot and find Papa standing behind me.

He was looking at me
"get ready all guest have arrived for the Mehendi."

He left patting my head.
I nodded and followed his instructions with Ayusha and Radhika behind me.

................................