Chapter 40 : Escape

With last nights failed escape attempt, the beautiful Princess Sam tried a few more escape attempt that always ended up in failure. And George the golden dragon would always overlook the beautiful Princess Sam's bumbling escape attempt and smile at her lovingly. It was then on one day George the golden dragon decided to ask the beautiful Princess Sam, something serious.

"Sam, do you love me ?", George the golden dragon asked the beautiful Princess Sam.

"I mean I like you but love might too strong a word to say right now as we have just known each other not long.", Princess Sam said sweetly.

"Oh....", George the golden dragon said with a sad smile.

It was because George the golden dragon knew that a star in sky in a nearby universe was about to explode and go super nova. Once that star explodes, this World would be destroyed with all its inhabitants and all its living creatures. If the beautiful Princess Sam had said she loved him, he would have taken her to another world to live in with only her alone. But now that she said she only liked him, George the golden dragon decided to sacrifice his life to save this World and leave the beautiful Princess Sam with her friends to enjoy the rest of her life.

"You have always wanted to escape right ?", George the golden dragon asked the beautiful Princess Sam.

"..........", Princess Sam said while looking at the floor.

"After breakfast, I shall take you back to your friends. It will be the last time you see me. I love you Sam and I will always love you. Even when I die, I will think of you with my last breathe.", George the golden dragon said while looking sweetly at the beautiful Princess Sam.

"Thank you.", Princess Sam said as he touched George the golden dragon's arm.

After breakfast George the golden dragon put the beautiful Princess Sam on top of his back and carried her while flying slowly through the air until they reached the elven Kingdom. There the beautiful Princess Sam and George the golden dragon could see all of Princess Sam's friends rushing out to greet her in the main court yard.

When George the golden dragon finally landed softly on the ground he changed into his humanoid form, the golden haired , golden eyed Ikemen. He place the beautiful Princess Sam softly on the ground. He let her go and started to turn back silently.

"Wait ! Will I see you again !", Princess Sam cried out.

"No you won't !", George the golden dragon said sadly as he looked at the beautiful Princess Sam lovingly.

"Why ?! Is there something you are hiding from me ?", Princess Sam asked George the golden dragon.

George the golden dragon looked at the ground not saying anything.

"Tell me what do you intend to do ! Tell me the truth, I want to know !", Princess Sam shouted at George the golden dragon.

"There is a star nearby this universe that will go super nova and explode. When it does , all life in this universe will be killed. I am going to stop it.", George the golden dragon said sadly.

"How will you stop it ?", Princess Sam asked curiously.

"By using my entire body to cover the star when it explodes and taking the brunt of the blast on my body.", George the golden dragon said.

"It's a suicide mission.", Princes Sam asked George the golden dragon.

"Yes.", George the golden dragon said sadly.

"Don't go, we will find a way to save this universe.", Princes Sam said as something moved in her heart. No man or male had ever being willing to sacrifice his life to save her and her friends, the beautiful Princess Sam was moved.

"There is no other way. Good bye Sam. I love you.", George the golden dragon said.

"Wait. I love you too.", Princess Sam said as she proceeded to grab George the golden dragon and kissed him in the mouth gently and lovingly.

George the golden dragon gently pushed the beautiful Princess Sam way and moved slowly away from her while changing from his humanoid form to his dragon form.

"Please come back to me alive !", Princess Sam shouted at the George the golden dragon as he flew away.

Flapping his wings he flew furiously beyond the speed of sound, beyond the speed of light towards the sun near this universe that was going to go super nova. Once he reached the sun, he grew his dragon form to the size of the star and proceeded to use his entire body to cover the sun that was going to explode. Ha, George the golden dragon thought, at the last moment, the beautiful Princess Sam said she loved him, that made him happy. He could only imagine he wonderful and happy life he would have had with Princess Sam if he married her and made her his wife and partner. He thought of all that as he prepared himself to die for the person he loved more than life.

To be continued .......

(Note : sorry for the short chapter. The next chapter will be getting to the finale)