Chapter 1 - Leaving

"(Y/N), HURRY UP OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" Matt yelled from downstairs.

"I'M TRYING! OH WAIT! HERE'S AN IDEA! HOW ABOUT, INSTEAD OF YELLING AT ME, YOU GET UP HERE AND HELP?" I yelled in my normal sarcastic tone. I raced around my room doing some last minute packing.

"NEVER MIND! TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED!" he yelled back.

"THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!" I yelled, smirking. I quickly grabbed my belongings and ran downstairs.

"Took ya long enough," Matt said smiling and rolling his eyes.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to get rid of me," I playfully punched him in the arm.

"Well, can you blame me?" he chuckled. He punched me in the arm in return.

"Wow, I'm hurt," I said dramatically.

"You know I'm just kidding!" he smiled.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I replied . From outside, we heard the taxi honk its horn.

"Well, that's my cue to leave." I sighed. I hugged my brother goodbye just as Steph walked in.

"Bye (Y/n)! Have a good time at college!" She gave me a quick hug, smiling a bittersweet smile.

"Bye Steph," I said. I grabbed my guitar, bags, and suitcase and started to the door. Just as I was about to get in the cab, I heard someone calling for me.

"(Y/N), WAIT! YOU FORGOT SOMETHING!" I looked back towards the house to see Matt running to me.

"What did I forget this time? I thought I had everything," I said, confused, while rummaging through my stuff.

"You forgot you're goodbye present I'm giving you!" he said. He smiled and pulled a black, velvet box out of his pocket.

"Oh, how did I forget something I knew nothing about?" I asked sarcastically, fanning a smile.

"Hmm that's a good question. HEY!" he shouted.

"THAT'S JUST A THEORY! A REALITY THEORY!" We both yelled, quickly giggling afterwards.

"You'll never change, will ya, Matthew?" I said grinning.

"Nope, but ya love me anyway," he smirked.

We quickly hugged before the cab driver honked the horn again.

"Well, I'll see ya around big bro!" I said getting into the cab.

"Bye, (Y/N)!" Matt said. As the cab driver drove away, Matt waved goodbye before walking back into the house.

After watching him disappear, I opened the box to find a heart shaped locket with music notes engraved on it.

I flipped open the locket. Inside was a picture of me on Matt's back at the very concert I found my passion for music at. After taking out the locket, I noticed a note that lay on the bottom.

Dear, (Y/n),

I got you this locket as a good bye present because I know you love music more than any person alive, except me of course.
Now every time you get home sick, you can open the locket and think of home. I hope you like it.

~ your brother, MatPat.

~flashback~

"Hello L.A.! Is everyone having a great time?" Avril Lavigne asked to a cheering crowd.

"Well that's great! Now for this last song, I'm going to pick someone from the audience to come up and sing a song of their choice!" She quickly scanned the crowd. Many people around me were screaming and shouting. Honestly, I did too, because who wouldn't?

"How about you in the leather jacket and ripped skinny jeans?" she asked with a sparkle in her eye. It took me a moment to realize it was me she was pointing to.. I quickly ran up on stage, excited.

"Hello! What's your name, sweetie?" she asked. She held up her microphone to me.

"(Y/n)," I said with a bright smile.

"Well (Y/n), what would you like to sing?"

"Um....how about When You're Gone?"

"Great choice!" she said.

(Bold=both
Italics= Avril Lavigne
Underlined=you)

I always needed time on my own. I never thought I'd need you there when I cried. And the bed where you lie is made up on your side.

When you walk away, I count the steps that you take. Do you see how much I need you right now?

When you're gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you.
When you're gone the face I came to know is missing, too.
When you're gone, the words I need to hear to
To always get me through the day.
And make it ok
I miss you

I've never felt this way before. Everything I do, reminds me of you. And the clothes you left, they lie on the floor. And they smell just like you. I love the things that you do.

When you walk away, I count the steps that you take. Do you see how much I need you right now?

When you're gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you.
When you're gone, the face I came to know is missing too.
When you're gone, the words I need to hear to
To always get me through the day
And make it ok
I miss you

We were made for each other
Out here forever,
I know we were

Yeah, yeah

And all I ever wanted was for you to know, everything I do I give my heart and soul, I can hardly breath. I need to feel you here with me, YEAH

When you're gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you.
When you're gone, the face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone, the words I need to hear to
To always get me through the day
And make it ok
I miss you
Hmm...

I smiled at the memory. I looked out the window as the cab pulled to a stop.

I quickly got out and walked onto the campus of my dream college: AMDA.

As I walked to the office to get my assigned dorm, I accidentally bumped into someone quite familiar. . .

~Author's note~

Sup✌😈😁

Editor's note ~

Previous editor sucked at editing. Good thing I'm here. lmao. You're lucky, Misses Author, to have such a modest, amazing editor with you now.

Although I didn't know what was going on the whole time because I don't know these people, I did my best to fix what mistakes I could find, and alter things to make them make more sense.

This is going to be a nightmare going forward. Lol. Wish me luck.