We Fucked Up

Dan's POV

*That Evening*

Phil wanted to pick Isabella from school today, so Dil and I started cooking up dinner. When suddenly, a loud slam could be heard from our door as a very angry, bruised and slightly bloody Isabella followed by a concerned and almost crying Phil. She stormed into the kitchen, "YOU HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE SONS OF BITCHES!" 

Quickly, I covered Dil's ears, "Watch your tongue young lady! What's the meaning of this!?" 

Isabella threw her backpack to the ground, "YOU TWO WERE ON THE FUCKING NEWS! NOW EVERYONE IS ALL OVER ME ABOUT IT!" she threw off her sweater revealing her many, many bruises and...her...slit...wrists... "BECAUSE YOU TWO CAN'T BE NORMAL!" Phil's face was filled with horror as he stared at her, I whispered to Dil to head to his room and he did just that. "STOP STARING AT ME!" she demanded as I tried to form words,

"W-what...did y-you do?..." I questioned as I grabbed her wrist and gently pulled her close to see them better. How long had she been doing this?  "Isabella Rose Howell-Lester! WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR WRISTS!?" The anger and sadness boiling all together as I exploded.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" A sudden harsh slap hit my face, "I AM BULLIED AND MOCKED EVERY DAY BECAUSE OF WHO YOU TWO ARE!" 

Tears started flowing down Phil's cheek, "ISABELLA! DAN! THAT'S ENOUGH!" his tear-filled eyes met mine, "BOTH OF YOU!" his words cracking through his sobs.

Wasting no time Isabella ran towards the door, "I WISH YOU BOTH WOULD'VE NEVER ADOPTED ME!" was the last thing she screamed as the door slammed behind her.

My heart had never been so broken. Phil's eyes were filled with tears as his emotions broke him, Phil quickly dropped to the floor, his hand covering his mouth and the other holding his knee. I turned around and grabbed the nearest object to me, which unfortunately was a glass plate, and threw it to the ground, "FUCK!" I screamed as my tears started streaming down my cheeks. 

"Daddy? Dad?" Dil yelled from his room

"Stay in your room please Dil!" was all Phil could get out between his sobs. I let out a deep sigh as I sat beside Phil on the ground. I couldn't fight it now, I started crying into Phil's shoulder. His hands bringing me closer to him as he rubbed my back and stuck his head in the crook of my neck as he too continued to cry. 

*12 PM*

"Where's Izzy?" Dil mumbled through his yawns as Phil and I looked at each other heartbroken.

"Isabella went over to stay at a friends house for a while but she'll be back soon" I tried to smile through my lie. "Try to get some sleep, okay?" he nodded as Phil and I headed for the door, "We love you Dil" we smiled,

"Love you too Dad and Daddy" he smiled as his eyes closed.

*2 AM* 

Phil and I sat in our bed, my mind filled with all the horrible things that could happen to Isabella out there all alone. Phil laid back in the bed and turned to me, his hand taking mine, "We'll find her Dan..."

My heart wanted to believe him but my mind knew better. She wasn't coming back. More tears started welling in my eyes, "How can you be sure?" he pulled me close to him, my head on his chest, our hands holding each other. His thumb wiping away my tears.

I could tell he wasn't 100% sure, but he forced back his tears, "I don't know but somehow I want to believe she is going to come back"