Dim Dragons; Dehydrated Dwarves

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"We can't help it~" Elena whined,"He's too...Perfect!"

"He's probably younger than the children on the streets! You'd be marrying a man the age of a toddler that'll die before he hits a hundred!"

"It's the only flaw of his. But i'd rather spend eighty years together in mindless bliss than not at all~" Sophie dreamily answered,"It'd make up for all the drab we've experienced."

"I second that!" Elena called out.

"Un. Believable." Katherine sighed, tuning them out.

A week later.

"My lady, we've arrived." A soldier told Katherine.

She nodded, looking around.

There was a colossal cavern entrance that was illuminated by flickering flames.

As they treaded closer, they heard groaning noises.

"D'you hear that?" Katherine asked the four high elves that seemed to change from a joking demeanour to a serious one.

"That...It reminds me of the cry of a dying dragon...Either that or drunk dragons. Or both. Or-"

"We get the point." Sophia hissed at Elena,"So...We go forward then?"

"En garde." Katherine whispered, inching closer and closer.

The sight that they saw instilled pity into them.

The dwarves were all over the small city, groaning in pain, faces pale and obviously dehydrated.

Katherine ran forward,"Oh my Gaia! What's happened to them?! [Heal]!" Katherine shouted.

Green light enveloped the dwarf but after it dispersed the dwarf's situation remained the same.

"Healing...won't work...Miss...We need..." The dwarf gasped.

"What do you need!?" Katherine asked worriedly.

"Booze!" The dwarf coughed,"We need booze! Those...Damned bandits took all our booze! We haven't had anything to drink for days!" He groaned again,"Ohhhhh I can see god!" He had gone delusional from dehydration.

"Anyone have wine or beer?" Katherine yelled to the troops.

No one responded.

"Ah jeez I need to call her then..." Katherine mumbled,"But if they're here..." She looked to the four.

"You four! Wait at the back, outside the cavern!"

"Huh? Why? We wanna see too!" Emma whined.

"No! You've been annoying me for days! This is your punishment!" Katherine yelled.

The four sulked, trodding away on their horses, resentment on their faces.

"[Message]!" Katherine shouted, pooling her mana to contact Elliot.

Silence.

Then-

You needed me?

Elliot's voice came over.

Ah yes master...It seems I was unprepared for recruiting the dwarves...

Something went south?

No it's just...The dwarves they need...Beer.

Huh?

They're dying because some bandits raided their beer supply...

Is that so?

It appears to be so...

Okay then, i'll come over with some beer.

The connection was severed.

Katherine could only soothe the dwarf while she waited.

A few minutes later, a figure hopped out of thin air.

"Yo." Elliot called out.

Katherine bowed.

Elliot reached into her inventory, pulling out barrel after barrel of refined wine that she had found in the wine cellar a guild member had added at some point.

The dwarves that were groaning went quiet.

"Is that..."

"It must be..."

"This scent!..."

Mumbles were heard as dwarves shuffled to their feet, walking to the barrels.

Then, they recognised the smell.

"BOOZE!" One dwarf screamed hoarsely.

This caused a chain reaction as hundreds of dwarves rushed to the barrels, practically demolishing it as they licked the floor clean of wine.

One stepped out and warmly shook Elliot's hand.

"Ohhhh wise lord, thank you for saving us and bring us such savoury booze!" The dwarf shouted, tearing up slightly.

"It's nothing...Katherine...I leave it to you. It appears that they..." Elliot shivered,"They're coming."

Katherine nodded hastily, bowing,"Yes my lord!"

"[Modded: Teleportation]!" Elliot disappeared into thin air just as the four rushed in again.

"WHERE IS HE!" Sophia shrieked.

"Who?" Katherine tilted her head innocently.

"You little princess! Keeping us away from our prince~So cruel!" Elena shouted,"Where have you hidden him?!"

Katherine played naive,"I don't know what you're talking about..."

"Oh you-Never mind! We'll find him ourself! Girls!" Emma shouted.

"Spread out!" Penelope yelled as they ran different directions.

Katherine breathed,"Close call..."