One Down

"I...I choose..."

"Wait." Roxanne said.

"Hm?" Candie tilted his head.

"What if we don't choose?" Roxanne asked quietly.

Candie clicked his tongue,"Three little humans, choosing not to choose. Clever they are, as they muse. But to think you would consider the forth choice...I'll kill you all so better think thrice."

The rhyme answered the question simply.

If they choose to abstain, they'd die anyway.

"So I can either die with my country or become your subject and save everyone?" Raj asked.

"Dad..." William cried out.

"Hush, child. This is a lesson you must learn. Sometimes...It is better to give in than stay stubborn. A tiger must submit before a dragon and the dragon must do the same to an emperor and henceforth. Candie Ark...I Rajnesh Kelilohalla...Submit to you...Kill my if you must but leave my wife and children alone...l

Candie's shoulders shook as he stifled a laugh.

"W-what's so funny?!" William shouted.

Candie finally burst out laughing for a few moments before calming himself down,"Kill you? Why would I? And you made big mistake, knight. I'm not your ruler. I am merely a minion sent by Master Elliot to take over a kingdom as quickly as possible."

Raj and Roxanne froze, knowing full well what this meant.

If such a weak human could become so terrifying under this 'Master Elliot' and he had lived so long...Then surely he would be even more terrifying than Candie.

Raj sighed,"Then...I submit."

"Father!"

"Dad!"

Candie laughed,"Brilliant! The puppeteer has acquired the marionette! Now...For the seal. [Commandment: Contract]!"

A parchment appeared before them, floating in mod-air.

'I, Current King of Kelilohalla and all further citizens including future rulers irregardless of family name, relinquish my power, my being and my subjects to Master Elliot. I will retain my title and serve as the King of Kelilohalla, the vassal kingdom to the Great Kingdom , in life and death as will my subjects." The contract read.

"Go on. You know what it is." Candie produced a knife.

Raj took it with a steady hand, breathing in, he suck in a breath as he cut himself.

The blood dripped onto the paper, staining it red.

The paper burned away in a flash, a black mark etching itself on Raj's left upper chest.

Raj winced as it happened.

"It is done. You are now a faithful servant to Master Elliot." Candie's menacing demeanour took a complete turn, the water disappearing as the nobles dropped to the floor, coughing, some screaming at the pain from their chest,"And~Exactly three days to conquer a kingdom! Now Valentine... I wonder how long you used?"

Roxanne and William felt a similar burning sensation and looked under their clothes.

They were now bind to a man they knew nothing about.

What was to come, it would end well for them if they obeyed.

Raj had just signed his soul and six hundred thousand others to the devil.

Lord knows if he chose correctly.

—————

"Elliot~ Master Elliot~So pretty, so strong! Elliot~Lord Elliot~So savage, so young! My queen, the one for me~I see no other~ Elliot, Master Elliot~ won't be mine?~" Alyssa sang to herself sitting on a plain that stretched for miles on end.

"Ah~ Three days have been used already. I'll need to hurry~" Alyssa hummed,"[Eyes of the Night]."

She had been gathering and distilling demonic mana from pure mana, the requirement was simple but took time.

For a regular vampire it would have taken weeks, if not months to gather enough.

In essence, the pathway to the inside was a trial in itself.

Alyssa closed her eyes, feeling demonic mana course through her veins and into her eyes.

Once she opened them, a gigantic city appeared before her, hidden and inaccessible to those who were holy.

"Oh my wonderful children, mummy's home!~" Alyssa shouted.

————

"Dreyfus...You must drink." Helena chided her brother.

"What for?" Dreyfus asked,"We're vampires Helena. Vampires dammit! And mum's left us with a legacy to protect and this dumb city is all we have to show for it?! I dare say that we've made de-provement since we've taken the helm! Don't think I don't see those nobles out there. They all stare at us with pity. They all know the legacy we carry on or shoulders and this is what we have to show!"

"...Dreyfus...Don't be like that. Things will be alright." Helena soothed,"It's only been a few thousand years. I'm sure she'll come back soon."

BAM!

The door to the room opened, a masked figure entering.

Helena and Dreyfus immediately switched to combat mode, having trained day in, day out by the regime their precious mother had left them.

"Oh? Two young vampires dare challenge me?" The voice was distorted, almost like an illusion.

"This is a private quarter! Traitors ought to be hung!" Helena roared,"Dreyfus!"

"Roger!"

They rushed the figure, claws swiping out and hissing.

"[Life Drain]!"

"[Mana Leech]!"

"[Marionette]." The masked figure laughed, casting a spell.

Helena and Dreyfus lost control over their body,"Let's train just like the old times~" The figure laughed.

They were controlled,"Dammit!" Dreyfus growled.

"[Repen-"

BAM!

The person elbowed Helena, stopping her from chanting.

This continued until Dreyfus and Helena had lost their fight,"Can't...Go on..." Helena moaned in pain.

The figure was quiet for a moment, as if examining the two.

"My, my. How my little vamplets have grown to be such a dashing young man and a ravishing woman! Very nice, you two. You'll be wonderful!"

Helena and Dreyfus sucked in their breaths as they heard those words.

Only one person called them 'Vamplets'.

"M-mum?..." Helena whispered.

The figure clicked her tongue,"Took ya long enough! [Heal]."

Their wounds healed as they slowly stood up to face the figure who took off her mask,"It's been quite a while my Vamplets." Alyssa smiled warmly.

Helena and Dreyfus rushed to her, hugging her tightly.

"Mum...We've missed you. The whole kingdom has...*Hiccup*. W-we've really t-t-tried!" Dreyfus bawled like a baby.

Alyssa comforted her children,"There, there. I'm home and that's all that matters."