Joshua eyes shimmered with tears. She was still morning his death, it wasn’t because someone had been abusive towards her that she was here sobbing. It was because of him. His death had caused her more pain that he could imagine and though it was wrong. It made him feel happy, she still love him. The faint smile that was unconsciously pulling at the corner of his lips disappeared, fear rose within him like never before when she placed one foot over the railing. “No!”

Joshua leaped at her, wrapping his arms around her slender waist. He pulled her body of the railing and embraced her. She felt so good in his arms, so fragile. How could she want to do this? What about their child? Does this meant that their child was not alive? A sob broke from him which he did not tried to hide.

“Halley pleased don’t leave me….I have just found you…just remembered you…don’t leave me”

Halley stilled the moment strong arms hugged her body, taking her away from the dangers below. The air left her lungs as her heart rate increased. Not because a stranger was holding her intimately, that it made her want to blush by the way her body responded. It was the reality of what she had just attempted to do. “Oh my god!” She cried. She was such a terrible mother, for almost making her children orphans.

With strength, he didn’t thought he possessed, Joshua released Halley. She seems to have come to realise what she was just about to do and completely forgotten about him, he sighed watching as she walked away from him. Did she even heard what he said? She shone like sparkling jewels in the moonlight, then she dropped to her knees, as if standing, a simple task was too difficult to manage.

“What is wrong with me?” Halley whispered starting at her trembling hands. She knew she would have to seek help after this, this was the second time she had attempt to take her own life. Joshua was poison to her soul. The third, no one might be present to save her. It helped that she didn't remembered almost dropping off that cliff with Joshua, it was not her choice to faint when she was so close to the edge.

She pivot her head to see her saviour. Halley’s eyes widen then she blinked twice to clear the cloud of tears from them. When he took a step forward, she crawled away from him until her back pressed against the solid balustrade. This was not her husband, he was dead. This was all her imagination, she reminded herself and why was she picturing him with shorter hair? Do they had grooming supplies in the life after? She closed her eyes, shutting herself from the image before her. “Go away, Joshua, let me be..…you don’t belong here anymore!”

Joshua was getting frustrated, he knelt in front of his wife, who refused to open her eyes. Yes his wife, she was his, always will be. He didn’t care if she had married another, start a new life. His life was with her and maybe they could escaped to England for he was now certain that she still love him. Why else would she be mourning him after all these years?

“Halley” He cupped her cheeks and brushed the tear drops away from her eyes, his palms warm against her skin. He saw her lips parted to inhale air but she still had her eyes closed, refusing to acknowledge him. “Halley look at me, I am alive…I am not dead” She took a moment to open them and started at him through long wet lashes, those bold brown eyes looked more tired than shock.

“Of course you are dead” she said breathlessly, “I saw you fell off that cliff”

So that was what happened. He did not remember falling or how he got out but was certain it must have been one of his friends. They always protected him, no matter the dangers. It explains a lot from the fabricated story his father had told him.  “That’s why you kept following me? You still believe you are amongst the living? I have red-“

Joshua couldn’t resist capturing her lips in a leisurous, sweet kiss that would have brought Halley to her knees, if she was still standing. No ghost would have had this effect on her. Halley was shivering with emotions, and when he pulled away leaving her breathless. She immediately opened her eyes to stare into desire filled dark blue eyes. Joshua was alive! Halley’s head was still swirling from that kiss and this new discovery was making it worse. She reached out to caress his cheek, warm not cold. It moved beneath her touch to help form the handsome smile on his face. “Joshua..…” her hands travelled down his chest, his abdomen, his stomach.