Chapter 21

Halley smile at Peter as he finished reading the book 'Hansel and Gretel' on his own. "Good job Peter" She praised earning a smile and blush from the lad. "Tomorrow we would focus more on your writing"

"Thank you miss. Can I go now?" he asked rising to his feet. Halley nodded. She watch as the boy darted of. How lovely would it be to have children of her own. She started to blushed at the thought wondering if her husband would share the same sentiment.

Halley felt a wet sticky substance on her hand and look down to see Pumpkin staring at her. "Oh you want to go for a walk don't you girl?" She said rubbing the puppy's head.

Standing to her feet. She began to feel a numbness in her left foot. "Looks like I'm in need of a walk as well" She giggled.

Halley and Peter had sat for hours outside in the stables. Peter didn't feel comfortable inside the house so Halley had brought out a few chairs and a desk. She remembered a maze opposite the oak tree and began to walk towards that direction with Pumpkin by her side.

******

Joshua skip down the stairs in search of Regin. He had arrived home early to spend some time with his wife before they had dinner together. She wasn't upstairs. So where could she be?

The servants seize talking as soon as he enter their quarters. Shock expression mark their faces as they curtsy and bowed. It's been awhile since Joshua came down here and everything seems the same. Just as he remembered.

" I'm looking for my wife have anyone seen her?" Joshua inquired with a smile. He knew he was making them uncomfortable with his presence and awkward arrival. Silence consume the atmosphere as he waited for an answer.

"She usually spends her time teaching the stable boy. " Chevon stated breaking the awkward silence.

Joshua eyes widen. His wife teaching? She seems to surprise him a lot. "Thank you. I'll check the stables then. I'll leave you all to your gossips."

"Franny right?" He question with a point of a finger. The frightened lady nodded her head. "Y-yes sir-my Lord" she curtsy.

"Excellent job with the cooking " this praise cause the lady to blush profoundly. She never receive a personal compliment in all her years of cooking.

"Master Joshua what were you doing in the servant's quarter?" Regin asked upon seeing Joshua exiting the quarter.

" I was just looking for my wife but I found her now. " He said as he continue walking.

" Sir, there is something you should know the gentleman upstairs left this morning " Joshua stop and glare at the Butler. Lord bark that scoundrel left without even a thank you for the excellent service he received from him.

" I'll deal with him later, Regin " Joshua reply with a sigh.

***

Halley started to panic she had been meeting dead ends and spinning in circles since she entered the stupid maze. To make things worst she lost Pumpkin. Leaving her alone.

" OK Halley, take a deep breath and calm yourself. " She voiced aloud taking a deep breath. Turning around she began to walk through the maze bending corner by corner. She groan as she stumble across another dead end. What was I thinking entering this maze alone ?

Halley pouted as she fold her hands under her bosom. She was about to turn around when she felt a hand engulf around her tiny waist. "This is where your hiding?" Halley smile as she spun around facing her husband.

" I was actually lost. " she smiled, wrapping her hands around his neck.

"Well....let's stay lost for a while. " Joshua whispered sending chills down her spine before he capture her lips. He had checked the stables with no sigh of Halley. If it wasn't for the little puppy running towards him. Then urging him to follow it. He would have never suspected that she was in the maze.

"Oh my gosh!" Halley broke the kiss upon hearing Pumpkin tiny bark. She looked at her husband with teary eyes.

"Halley what's wrong? Did I hurt you?" Joshua cupped her face in his hands. His eyes laced with concern.

"That was her first bark " It took a moment for Joshua to comprehend what she was talking about. Before rolling his eyes. Halley quickly rush to pick up Pumpkin. Cuddling it. "You make momma very proud pumpkin" She cooed.

"Halley are you serious right now?" Halley giggled at her husband's grumpy stated.

"I'll make up for it tonight " she whispered in his ears and kiss him briefly on the lips. Pumpkin bark again and Joshua frowned at the puppy. Who lay nestled in his wife's arm. It probably sounds weird but the dog seems to want Halley all to itself.

" Halley are you sure that puppy is a female?"

"Why master Joshua, you're not jealous of a puppy are you?" Halley said,trying to impersonate Regin.

" ha..me jealous of a puppy? Haven't you taken a good look at me. " his eyes twinkle with amusement.

Halley knew her husband was conscious of his godly looks. A little...to conscious. She walked around his body inspecting it curiously. One hand rubbing her chin. " hmm..." she paused at his face. " Nothing special really. " Halley giggled as she walked away.

Joshua jaws hung open watching his wayward wife shirt flow behind her. "Halley I'm not showing you the way out of this maze until you take back what you just said!" He half run too catch up with her.

" I don't need your help anymore. I have Pumpkin " she turned facing him and stuck her tongue out as she continue walking.

"Real mature Halley. I hope when the other storm comes tonight, Pumpkin keeps you warm " Joshua smile as Halley stopped abruptly and turned to meet him with a questionable look.

" Storm?"

Joshua began to whistle as he walked pass his wife. That should teach her a lesson for insulting him. Even though the storm part was a lie. It's a possibly it might be true. " Don't asked me Halley,ask Pumpkin. "

Halley bend on her knees Patting Pumpkin on her head " Pumpkin why don't we frighten him a bit. " The pup bark as it took of towards Joshua.

" Halley put that animal on a leash!" Joshua screamed trying to dogged the puppy's attempt to bite his feet.

"What did you say Darling? I can't hear you over your girlish screams " Halley laughed heartily. She had never laughed this much since being married and Starting her new life in a completely different environment. She loved this state of being happy and at ease with her husband.

*****
Just another Short update mwah
Don't forget to vote and comment :)