Chapter 20

Halley was awaken by the warm sun descending on her face. Placing her hands over her eyes she try to move but couldn't. Something was holding her tightly around her waist. She began to blush as she saw her husband's hand and memory of last night came floating back.

" I don't mind waking up to your beautiful face every morning. " Joshua said with a smile, seeing his wife's blushing face.

Halley turn facing her husband with a bright smile." Morning did you sleep well?"

Joshua pressed his lips against her. The kiss was soft and gentle and Halley wrap her arms around his broad shoulder pulling him closer. His actions spoke his answer clearly.

" I'll love to stay and kiss you whole day Darling but- "Joshua began pulling away earning a pout from his wife. " I have to see how much damage the storm last night did to the land I'm working on." He sigh as he sat upright on the bed.

"Joshua?" Joshua turn to look at his beautiful wife. Her hair lay spread across the pillow and her brown eyes began to turn glossy." I'm sorry about the way I behave. "

"Halley, let's put that behind us OK and try to make this marriage thing work." He said bending to caress her cheeks before he kiss her again.

"I'll like that." She mumbled between the kiss. Halley felt like a weight was lifted off her shoulder. She felt alive. Things were finally turning around for the both of them. Her husband only needed a little punch in the face. The rain and thunder now that was a gift from the heavens.

Joshua turned upon hearing his wife giggling to herself. "What amuse you so Darling?"

"Oh nothing " Halley smiled, watching her husband dressed quickly while admiring his gorgeous body. He began to smooth back his hair and place it in a ponytail. Halley remembered how smooth and soft they were when she ran her hands through them last night.

" I'll be back for dinner." He sat beside his wife and capture her lips. His hands ran through her long silky hair,pulling her closer as he deepened the kiss.

" Master Joshua?" Regin stopped abruptly seeing Joshua and Halley together. He came to inform Joshua that his wife still wasn't found. Instead he found her where she belongs in her husband's arms " I'll just leave " he give them both an apologetic smile and quickly shut back the door.

" I am positive that Regin knows everything that goes on in this house" Joshua's eyes twinkle with amusement. Halley who was red with embracement, started to giggle as she fell back on the bed.

***********

Joshua trod through the busy town on his stallion Lightning, receiving admirable glances from the ladies. Tilling his hat as he acknowledge them with a smile. None of them compare to his wife while these ladies were giggly and flirtatious his wife was outspoken and unladylike. Strangely he admire that about her and the fact that she was different than any other lady he had even met. His thoughts came to a halt when he saw Samantha hurrying past him. Not spearing him a glance.

She was dressed in a long frock with a cloak hiding her entire face. Walking at a rapid pace. Was she hiding from someone?and She should be in France! With these thoughts in mind Joshua quickly dismounted off his horse and began following her. She disappeared through an alley. Joshua ran so as to not lose her.

His hands comb through his hair, loosen it from its ponytail. Shit,I spend at least fifteen minutes to get that in right. He frowned standing in the empty alley. Where did she went?

" I know I wouldn't be able to hide from you. " The voice startled Joshua and he quickly turn to see Samantha staring at him with weary eyes.

"Why are you hiding? " Joshua asked taking a few steps towards her,causing her to step away quickly.

" Don't come any closer. I'm not to be seen by anyone or conversing. " Samantha said raising her hand to stop him.

" Why? What's going on ? Why aren't you in France? " Joshua pressure with concern.

Samantha stare at Joshua's worried state with a smile that didn't reach her eyes. She was so looking forward to a wedding in France until her husband met one of his friends and change completely. " We both change our minds and decided that England was more suitable. "

"You're lying. " Joshua said sternly, folding his arms. Her eyes widen in shock. " If you're in any danger I can hel-"

"I don't need anyone's protection!" She spat hatefully as she began to turn and leave.

Joshua quickly grab her arm and flung her around forcefully. To face him. "Tell me what's going on or I'll keep pestering you or worst reveal your cover. "

Samantha gasp horrifically she couldn't make her friends knew she was still in England. She would be made a laughing stock surly ruining her reputation. Seeing the determination in Joshua's blue eyes she nod her head. "Meet me tonight ten O'Clock at the pigs and tail. "

"I'll be there " Joshua replied, releasing her arm.

Hope you guys like the chapter mwah also I Sort of change chapter eighteen a bit ..... So you guys can maybe go back and check it out .... Kisses*

Don't forget to vote and comment :)