Chapter 16

Continuation.......

"Halley she is gorgeous!" Exclaimed Jennifer cuddling the black and white puppy.

"I know and she is yours. " Jennifer eyes widen.

"Really?"

Halley nodded. She couldn't stand the burial of another puppy and know Jennifer would take very good care of it.

Jennifer and Halley spent hours sitting in hay talking about anything their minds wander on. Halley was jealous of her for having a husband as loving and compassionate at Lord Cummings. She longed for that type of relationship. Jennifer kept speaking about her husband and the places they traveled together and Halley found herself falling asleep. Not because she was boring. Halley was tired and the stable was cool and warm.

" I wish I have a relationship like that" Halley mumbled.

" You can Halley you just got to be open to it and try not to argue a lot. If that does work seduced him." Jennifer said nonchalantly resting her head in Halley's lap.

Halley couldn't thought of seducing her husband. How would that work if he didn't even desire her? She would just try and be more open and avoid arguing.

***

"I should look for my wife it's getting late. " David said standing to his feet packing away the documents he was helping Joshua with. It was a lot of responsibility to take up a job as your own solicitor. He was very proud of his friend.

"Aren't you staying for dinner?"

"I'm afraid not. Have to reach back immediately. Jenny's parents are arriving for dinner." He said with a sigh.

"My Lords,I can't find Lady Fisher or Lady Cummings." The Butler said as he bolt through the door. He had been looking for Lady Fisher to discuss dinner with the cook but she was no where to be found.

"What do you mean you can't find them. They have to be here! " David shouted. He was panicking. Before Joshua can calm him down he bolted through the door screaming his wife's name.

Surly his vindictive wife had something to do with this. With a loud groan he went after his friend. The entire house was a ruckus as the maids look everywhere for their Mistress and the Countess.

The two gentlemen decided to look outside they walked the grounds and with every step Lord Cummings was getting more nervous. He was worried sick for his wife. Joshua would be lying if he said he wasn't worried about his own wife as well.

"What if something bad happen to them Josh?" His friend choked.

"Nothing is going to happen to them.We would find them." Joshua give his friend a reassuring smile as they went through the gardens.

"Halley!"

"Jennifer! "

Halley was jolted awake as she felt moisture on her face. Opening her eyes she saw the pup she give Jennifer staring at her. With disgust she wipe her face with the back of her hands.

Jennifer's head lay on her lap sleeping soundly.They both had fallen asleep in the stables and it looks like it was for quite a while. Stirring her awake Jennifer raised to her feet and stiffed a yarn causing Halley to giggled.

" We felt asleep didn't we?" She questioned sheepishly.

Halley nodded.

" I better be going my husband would be looking for me. Knowing him he probably have a search party looking for us." She chuckled as she stretched her arms.

Halley grab the pup as she stood. " Don't forget her." She said placing the pup in Jennifer's hands.

"Halley!"

"Jennifer!"

" Oh my is our husbands they are looking for us!" Halley watched as Jennifer hurry out the stables. She knew her husband wasn't looking for her. He was just following Lord Cummings.

She began to sob as she headed for the manor." Lady Fisher? " the Butler called but Halley was already running up the stairs.

"David!" Jennifer shouted running in her husband's arms.

"Oh Jenny I thought I lost you." He said spinning her in the air and kissing her passionately.

"Where is my wife?" Joshua interposed.

"Oh left her in the stables she probably went in the house by now. She give me this cute puppy." Jennifer smile showing them the pup in her arms. " We had fell asleep in the stables." She continued with a giggle.

"Mrs. Cummings, don't ever scare me like that again." Jennifer know her husband was serious when he referred to her as such and nodded affirmatively.

Joshua had left the two lovely couples and headed inside. He knew his wife wasn't in the stables still and would already be indoors. Upon arriving he was informed that his wife had already retired for the night.

****
Don't forget to vote and comment :)