Chapter 15

Regin stood at the door collecting a fatigue Joshua,coat and hat.The young master was overworking himself and he wasn't getting enough sleep.

" Thank you Regin." Joshua said as he ran his hands through his hair and headed upstairs. Regin give him a small smile as he watched his retrieving figure.

"Regin? I'll have dinner in my room tonight. " he shouted, from the top of the stairs.

Joshua was tired to the bones. The entire day he was working along with some workmen on a land he had purchased recently. Manual labor was hard. He need to remember that when paying his workmen to double their salary.

Halley stood tapping her feet lightly. Arms crossed with a stern face. Joshua groan as he saw her leaning against his bedchamber door. Just what he needed a nagging wife.

" Why is the man I danced with at the ball badly beaten and in our house?" Halley questioned with a raised of a brow.

Joshua sigh." I have no time for this. I'm really tired. " Halley could see the wrinkles under his eyes and the Sluggish position he was standing. She wish she could help him.

" OK I'll let it be," She reply. " for now"

Joshua give a feeble chuckle." Finally my wife listens to me." Halley moved from the doorway allowing her husband entrance.

She quickly reached out and grab hold of Joshua's hand as he was about to open the door. Joshua look at his wife intensely, staring into to those huge Brown eyes. Halley thought of something to say as she stood their lost for words."I-I" she stuttered.

Her husband was so handsome. His sky blue eyes got butterflies in the pit of her stomach. She started to blushed as she remove her hand." I'm sorry. I should leave you alone."

Joshua smile at his wife she was so beautiful and innocent. He love the way her face slowly turn from pink to red as she blushed. The maid arrived with his dinner causing Halley to quickly flee to her room. Leaning against the close door. She couldn't comprehend what just happened. She could have sworn she saw something in those sky blue eyes. Was it desire? Love? Or just tiredness? Probably the latter she thought with a sigh as she climb into bed.

*****

Halley sigh as she cover her face with her hands. She had been trying to teach Peter to read since this morning using the book. 'Hansel and Gretel' with no progress. What I'm I doing wrong? She thought with a loud sigh.

" I'm sorry miss." Peter said sadly hanging his head. Halley peeped through her fingers staring at Peter's Slough state.

" I'm gonna cook you for dinner Petey." She said in a funny voice causing the boy to look at her and smile.

" No you wouldn't! " he giggled.

"You're right" she said removing her hands and sitting upright. " You'll probably need fatten first. " she smiled, suddenly starting to scratch. She and Peter were sitting on a small bale of hay in the stables for some hours now and her skin was starting to itch.

" I think we should continue this tomorrow Peter. I'm sure you have work to do." She said rising to her feet.

"OK miss."

Halley walked back to the house dusting strands of hay from her beige gown. It was time for luncheon and she was starving.

" Oh Lady Fisher master Joshua said that you should get ready at once. His friends are paying a visit with their lady companions. " The Butler informed her upon entering the house.

" Why I'm I the last person to know about these events?" Halley sigh as she headed upstairs to change her gown .

"Jennifer I'm so glad to see you." Halley exclaimed upon seeing Jennifer entered the drawing room.

Jennifer who was looking absolutely radiant this evening in a white satin gown and hairdo in ringlets, Smiled upon seeing her Friend. " Oh Halley how have been?What have you been up to?" She questioned eagerly taking a seat.

" Oh nothing to difficult. " Halley replied smiling." Oh that reminds me. Do you like puppies? "

****

"Joshua?" Lord Cummings called as he stuck his head through the study door." Can I come in?"

Joshua rolled his eyes." Since when do you ask permission? "

David struggle his shoulders as he entered. " Jake and his yet to be seen fiancé couldn't make it today. They sent their apologies."

"Then why are you here?" Joshua's idea was to have both of his friends over for a small gathering. Since Jake couldn't make the visit, he could have beat on it that David won't bother either.

"I'm wounded man,you just crushed my heart." David reply humorously placing a hand over his chest. " You mean your not happy to see me?"

Joshua stare at his friend with a raised of a brow. " Fine, Jennifer wanted to talk to Halley. She forced me to accompany her." He pouted like a kid.

Joshua laugh as his childish behavior." You can help with some of these paperwork since you're here then."

****
The next chapter would be the continuation of this chapter. To me it was to long so I divide it.
Don't forget vote and comment :)