Chapter 42

Prince Alejandro stared at the man before him under a blanket of long black lashes. How fortunate to have found the gentleman who can finally give him some answers. They had waited until the wee hours of the morning when the day was fresh to venture on land, it was a perfectly unknown timing for only about five guards were seen fighting to stay awake at the harbor. His men didn't had to do much to send them into dreamland. It was a strange feeling to be in a different atmosphere, language and amongst commoners, who didn't treated him with fake modesty and bow their heads every time he spoke or entered a room. For once in his life, he had felt free. But some countries remained the same, gossips travelled fast. It wasn't long before he caught up on the latest gossip which sent him into a fits of rage. The French were here and had captured his sister. Alejandro had no doubt that this Lady Fisher they spoke of was her. It took him less than five minutes to find out where her husband lived who seems to be a very popular man around here. A man who couldn't protect his own wife. He had mumbled, mounting his newly bought horse. Arriving at the young man's home, had took longer than he expected and the journey was a waste, when he wasn't at home. The loyal Butler refrained from giving him his master's whereabouts with disappointment he headed back into town, there he found out that Joshua Fisher was seen heading into the woods.

" Looks like you gentlemen had been busy tonight " his eyes averted to the other gentlemen in the room. The blond one was staring at him with contemplation while the other look rather bored and frustrated." With still no luck of finding my sister. It seems like you British are only good at stealing and not finding "  

Joshua had never met anyone of Halley's family. He was certain if she had a brother he would look exactly like the one before him whom he already despise. Why did he had to show up to complication things?  " don't tell me you travelled all this way to insult us?"

A smug smile slowly played across the Prince's face. " Oh You know exactly why I'm here" he leaned against the back of the sofa with his muscular arms folded.

" If you only think for one second that I would let you or anyone else take my wife away from me--"

" I didn't came here to asked for your permission Lord Fisher and what makes you think you can stop me when you couldn't even protect your own wife from the French! A wife whom the British-- your people-- kidnapped from her family and brought to England! "

Joshua's fist clenched. " she is my wife, legally she belongs here in England with her husband! I didn't know who she was before it was too late! I may not have a army but I would find her and I want to see you try and take her away from me!"

" and what a fine job you have been doing. How long had she been captured days, weeks? " his thick brows crunched. " clearly you haven't been making any progress "

"No shit captain obvious" David mumbled, earning a glare from Joshua.

" maybe when she's back in Spain she can marry someone who is more... progressive "

Jake who was contemplating in silence, grabbed hold of Joshua's arm before he could get all of them killed. " Joshua need I remind you that this guy's got an army " he said sternly, now standing in front of him. " not the smartest idea to get in a fight with him."

"You know what Jake I don't care! I'm tired of everyone invading my country to take my wife away from me! While insulting me!" He moved his gaze to stare at the Prince with hatred who waved his hand in the air at the few men in the room who had drawn their pistols at them, to refrain from such. " you disrespect me like that again  prince or not I'll beat your ass." Running his hands through his silky hair he took a deep breathe and walked to the cottage's small window.

" How did you know she was here?" Jake asked the one question that had been on his mind for the past few minutes. Did the Spaniards have alleys in British?