Chapter 52

How could one man be so gorgeous? Samantha questioned herself as Joshua entered the sumptuous inn. Samantha had been informed of Joshua's errands, the following night, when a footman came to deliver the letter in David's absence. The first trip was at Mr Winks gentleman shop to have his fittings for a new suit, for the upcoming ball, then at the library to collect a few books and finally Mrs Linon's inn to collect some monthly wages and pay tenant's. Of course she had no business attending the first two, that's why she found herself sitting by a window in the inn awaiting his arrival.

"Thank you" she smiled, at the maid who was helping her clean the tea she spilled upon witnessing Joshua across the street. No one could have prepared her for this, gone was the long waves of hair that she always felt looks so handsome on him. Now, she had a clear view of beautiful ears, a long graceful neck she wished to wrapped her arms around. A face made for a god was now on display for all to see.

Samantha give herself a mental shake and shifted with discomfort, you should be ashamed of yourself! She was too be the one lady that shouldn't be affected by his appearance but here she was sitting drooling over the man like all the other ladies in the inn. Tearing her eyes from him was difficult, she stared at her fingers took a deep breathe and rose to her feet, it was time to put aside her foolish behavior and execute her plans.

Samantha was quickly making her way over to where Joshua stood, conversing with the inn keeper, who was as much affected by his presence than Samantha had been, when she was cut off by a fiery red head.

The insolent lady had almost tripped her over, causing Samantha to slightly stumbled. Samantha glared at the red head's back, who didn't give her a second glance. Her eyes steady on her target. She immediately interrupted the conversation between the innkeeper and Joshua, one elegant hand stretched out for Joshua to took. She introduced herself.

Samantha had never saw such a skeleton looking hand in her life. Was England going through famine? Samantha pursed her lips, she wasn't going to be tossed aside by the chit. She had forgotten how desperate these ladies were.

***

"Lady Cherry Jackson, daughter of baron Westfield" Joshua's sexy, tantalizing mouth quirked at up at the lady. He admired all the attention, these ladies had been giving him. Finding a bride was only a matter of selection but he would not be so haste. He planted a kiss on the back of her hand. A blushed crept to her face and he couldn't tell which was more rosy her hair or her cheeks.

"Joshua Fisher.....I supposed you already knew that--"

"Of course I do Lord Fisher, everyone knows who you are here in Wessex," She said as a matter of fact. " I heard you would be hosting a ball in two weeks time, is this true? " Her green eyes held his as she eagerly awaited the answer.

Lady Jackson had been anticipating this opportunity for a long time, ever since she came back from the continent. She was a Baron's daughter, not much title and wealth their, hearing about the Duke's son quest of finding a bride. She had swoon at the thought, of course she didn't know how he had looked at the time, not that it had mattered. It had all came to a fascinating shock when, she inquired about the handsome devil that entered the inn.

"Yes it is indeed true, Lady Jackson" his eyebrows creased when she ducked her head. " is anything wrong Lady Jackson?"

She shook her head and looked up at him.

"You can tell me" Joshua coax, with a smiled.

Lady Jackson bit her lips and looked everywhere but him. " It has always been a dream of mines to attend a Fisher's ball, " she sighed here," being an baron daughter's who don't care for such social events, we never got invited to any balls."