Chapter 17

"This estate is marvelous! " Lady Katherine exclaimed twirling around in the gardens. Her blond curls swaying from left to right.

Halley who was dressed in a peach satin gown and hair in ringlets. Rolled her eyes at her display. Lady Katherine was Jake's bethrone. They didn't get to meet each other at the ball due to the incident so decided to make a call. Halley first impression of her was totally childish and exceptionally beautiful. Jake was handsome but not as handsome as her Joshua.

Halley watched the three men in front her. They were all handsome men but she only had eyes for her husband. They had been fencing together before they decided to take a walk around the estate and Halley couldn't take her eyes off her husband watching him sway the sword as his strong muscles flex and hair bouncing behind him. Did strange things to her body.

"Halley! " Jennifer shouted reviving her out of thoughts. Halley turn to see Jennifer smiling at her.

"Where did you ran off to?" She giggled.

"No where" she blushed pushing strands of hair out her face. It was very windy today and almost look like a Storm was approaching.

"Liar, I saw you infatuated with your husband." Lady Katherine interposed placing a hand on her hat so the wind wouldn't take it.

"Looks like someone's in love." Jennifer cooed. Halley threw her head back and laugh causing the gentlemen to turn around.

" Don't talk such nonsense ladies."

"Your wife really knows how to grab attention." David chuckled.

"I know as if her beauty isn't enough" interposed Jake causing Joshua to frowned.

"How's Lord bark?" David asked quickly changing the subject.

"He is getting better, some of the swelling disappeared. " Joshua reply.

"Good."

"I was inquiring in town about a French guy and no one seems to know his whereabouts." Jake said pensively.

"That's strange don't you think?" Reply David.

"Is like he doesn't exist." remarked Joshua

"Do you believe Lord Bark lied to us? " Jake asked.

Before they can answer Lady Katherine claimed her be throne's arm. " Jake Darling my feet are starting to ache. "

"Well then I'll just have to carry you." Lady Katherine squeal with delight as she was lifted bridal style in his arms.

"She is such a child." Halley mumbled, watching Lady Katherine in Jake's arm.

"There is nothing childish about her behavior. Halley I believe you're envious of the display of affection shone between them." Jennifer said sympathetically.

Halley sigh it was indeed true. Everyone around her were happy and smiling with their mates and she felt alone. Like an outcast.

" Jenny, honey are your feet aching as well?!" David shouted. Earning a laugh from his friends.

"Not yet I suppose!" She reply.

"Let's catch up with them." Jennifer said, lifting her skirt and running towards the group with Halley following behind.

"My Lord?why are you so distance with your wife?" Lady Katherine question in Jake's arms.

" They weren't in love when they married Darling. " Jake reply.

Joshua was silent for a while, thinking about his wife and the feelings he felt the other night. Those big brown eyes bored into his soul. He smile as he remember the way she blushed innocently.

He heard what Lady Katherine asked of him and without thinking said. " My wife is like a leech I can't get rid of." He chuckle then suddenly realize his friends were not laughing. David looked sympathetically behind him,while Jake clear his throat.

Joshua turn to meet an angrily woman staring at him." How dare you!" Halley was humiliated and felt tears forming in her eyes. Hearing her husband called her a leech was unbearable.

Joshua stood lost for words,seeing his wife on the edge to shed tears had him feeling guilty inside." I would never forgive you for this!"

"Halley I'm sorry,I didn't--" before he could finished he was punched in the face by his wife.

"I believe you deserve that Joshua." Jake said quietly watching Joshua hold his nose it wasn't broken but blood ooze out of it slowly.

Halley gasps as she saw what she did. Physical attack was her last resort and she didn't think it would reached this far.Violence was never the answer, how many time she heard her mother scolded her about it when she was playing with the boys and things got out of hand.

She gasps again as she saw her Husband staring at her murderously. Halley lifted her shirt and ran off like the devil himself was chasing her.Why was she running? Her husband wouldn't hit her in front his friends. Would he? To bad she wasn't going to be there to find out.

"Halley!" Halley pivot her head to see her husband tailing behind her. Her heartbeat quickened as she increased her speed.

"Should we stop them?" Jennifer interposed with concern.

"No,let them sort it out." David reply pecking her on the lips.

"Oh Jake why couldn't we have a love like theirs?" Jake stare at his soon to be wife. Sometimes he wonder if she even knew what was happening in the world. Or if she was from this world.

"Because if we do Darling I'll be a corpse," Lady Katherine jaw hung open as she stare at him in shock.
"Come along guys there should be a lake nearby....."

Halley burst through the door gasping for air. Her hands rested on her knees as she half bend tired from her little race.

" Lady Fisher what's the matter?" Regin asked coming in view from the corner.

"My...husband...is...about....to ....kill ...me." She stuttered pointing to the close door." I punch him" Regin stare at her emotionless and started laughing heartily.

Halley frowned. "You wouldn't be laughing when you find me dead!"

"Halley! You insolent woman!" Halley heard her husband's booming voice through the door and ran up the stairs. She was about to enter her bedchamber but stop. That would be the first place he would look. He wouldn't think she would be brave enough to enter his bedchamber but Halley was and she didn't wasted anytime.

Regin open the door and Joshua ran straight through,unable to stop due to the amount of speed he was traveling with, causing him to bump into the table of vase under the staircase. Composing himself he turn facing the Butler. " Have you seen my wife? " Regin had never seen the young master so worked up before over a lady. Suppressing laughter he pointed in the wrong direction. Afraid his voice would betray him.

***
Someone is in trouble lol
Don't forget vote and comment :)