Chapter 19

“Cara,  I’m going to throw the most grand of high school parties,” Sky said as she lined up each cookie and cans of soda in precise rows.

“I’m sure you are,” I said sarcastically.

“I’m forgetting something!” she piped up.  “What is it?”

It was the night of Sky’s  junior  class party. She said it was going to be huge and that everyone would come, including the nerds and the populars. Everyone.

“I know what! Let’s go and get you ready,” she said.

“What?” I said.  I thought I was ready.

She picked up her phone.

“I need the best makeup and hair person you can find, Gordo,” she said into her diamond encrusted iPhone.

“Sky, I can’t let you—-”

“Shut up, Cara! Let’s go get ready,” she commanded with a  wicked smile.

I followed her up the grand stairs of the Holloway residence. Never in a million years did I think we would be hanging out together. Sky already had my outfit selected and a full makeup and hair look to go with it.

“AlRIGHT  PEOPLE! WE HAVE ONE HOUR TO MAKE US LOOK AMAZING. GET ON IT!” she yelled as the makeup and hair artists started transforming us into works of art.

Sky stood by the makeup artist as she did my makeup, and when she was done Sky’s mouth dropped open.

“Oh my gosh! Cara, you look amazing.”

She pushed me towards the mirror. I looked in the mirror to see a perfect face looking back at me. Not a flaw, and it was so weird to see my face sculpted by professional makeup. She handed me a red, short dress. I looked back at her with concern.

“Trust me here,” she said.

I changed into the dress and she handed me a pair of nude heels to complete the look.

“Oh my”

“Gosh.”

 I looked in the mirror to see a completely different person looking back at me. This was not Cara Evans, at least not the Cara Evans I looked at every morning.

“Wow,” I said touching my straight and silky chocolate brown hair. The black eyeliner enhanced my eyes and my skin appeared to glow. The red dress accentuated curves I didn’t even know I had and the nude shoes made my legs appear to go on forever!

“Let’s go down. Everyone will be arriving soon,” Sky said.

“Whatever you say, Sky,” I muttered under my breath.

I guess everyone was wrong about Sky Holloway. She was mean and cut throat, but she did have a good side to her.

“Cara!”  She cut me out of my thoughts with the snap of her fingers.

“Oh, sorry,” I said.

She raised her eyebrows as I once again started daydreaming with my new look as the star.  She grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the door. I felt like a movie star on the red carpet.

“Act normal, Cara,” she said.

Together, we greeted each guest as they walked in. The funny thing was that most of the guests weren’t even juniors. They looked to be seniors and freshmen in college, except for one.  Courtney. Her six inch heels made her way taller than me as she stood at least six feet tall in them.  When she walked in,  a warrior look came over Sky’s face.