Chapter 13

By Monday, Blake was finally acting sane  and easily talking with Connor again. Connor was able to convince Coach McGee to give Blake  another chance. Connor asked me just to hang out until practice was over. So I was able to see that Blake was following Connor’s calls, and I was happy that they were supporting each other again.

I finally learned how football worked.

    Connor always came to me after practice looking extremely cute. He was hot and tired after running, and he was always overjoyed to see me.

“Hello beautiful,” he said with his smile.

I got up and ran towards him.

“Good job today,” I said.

“Well, thanks,” he said grinning.

“I really want to kiss you right now,” he confessed.

“Well, what’s stopping you?” I teased.  

He then kissed me in the warm air.  The sunset had taken over the sky and looked like a painting. Bright pink, purple, and orange hues hung over our heads. Everything seemed right in my world.

“Connor Andrews! What a kiss!” hooted Luke and Blake as they ran towards us.

Connor actually blushed this time.

“Hey, hey. No need to stand around here,” he smiled and looked at Blake and Luke.

“Attention! Cara says Connor is a good kisser!” Blake yelled, playfully pushing Connor’s arm.

“Why, did you have any doubts?”  Conner winked with his arm around me.

Annie ran up.

“Hello  Blake,” she said.

Luke looked towards me as his dirty blonde hair got shaken up by the wind.

Oh, right, we still had that to fix.   

“Hey Annie,” we all said in unison, but she was looking only at Blake.