Chapter 10

I decided to stay out of their drama after I realized it wasn’t my job to police her. After all, she’d just accuse me of being jealous or something. A month ago, she would have listened. She’s just turned mean since Blake came into her world.

    Connor came up to me at lunch with a smile on his face. It was refreshing after looking at Sky. She had the weirdest facial expressions, and I laughed at her under my breath. Today, he decided to put his arm around me. He never does that at school, but we kind of gave up on not letting anyone know. They all knew.

“Hey,” Luke said.

His face looked disgusted as he spotted Blake and Annie at the end of the table.

“Luke,” Connor said.

He was trying to get his attention because Blake was giving him an ugly look.

“Whatever,” Luke mouthed to Blake.

“Don’t start anything, Luke,” Connor said.

“You have no idea how much I want to punch him. Why is he even at this table anymore? Everyone hates him,” Luke stewed at the end of the table, clenching his fists.

Bridget shot me a look.

Blake and Annie were making out at our table.

Luke and Connor covered their eyes. They were both good boys, and this was truly gross.

“Stop the make out sesh. No one cares,” I heard an unfamiliar voice, and it was Sky.

She looked like an evil witch preying on people. She reminded me of a screech owl. She sat in the tree waiting for victims, and then she swooped down and ate them in one bite.

“From now on, you’re not sitting at this table. Got it? Now go away, puh-lease,” she said.

     Everyone was shocked that she said anything. These days she was a quiet tyrant. Annie and Blake looked offended, but they went over to another table.

Sky got up and walked out of the lunch room, but then she turned around and spoke to our table.

“You’re welcome.  However, in the future please note I’m supposed to get all the attention of the room,” she gloated.

“Gross,” Connor whispered.

I sighed.