• Chapter 34 •

• Cameron POV •

"Has anyone seen Hayes?" Nash asked. "His bags are gone. When I went up to the room, all his things her gone." Madison said. We went upstairs and she was right.

"Where could he have gone?" I asked Nash. "I don't know, but I need to find him." He said. I grabbed my keys and we got in the car.

"Maybe he went back to y'all's house." I said. That's a far walk." I said. "They have this thing called cabs." I said. He glared at me. "No time for sarcasm." He said.

I drove all the way to their house and got out. We walked in and he wasn't here. "I don't know where else he could have gone." He said.

"What if he went to your moms?" I asked. "No, after what happened before summer, he's never speaking to her." He said. "How come you didn't live with your mom?" I asked as we got in the car.

"I've been mad at her ever since she left, Hayes was to young to know what happened, that's why he still lived with her." He said. I nodded and drove home.

That's why Hayes and Kaye didn't know each other. Hayes just moved in with Nash, Chad, and Nila

"Is he here?" I asked. Everyone shook their heads. "I called him and he said don't bothering looking. Then he hung up." Carter said. "My parents are going to kill me." Nash mumbled.

"We're going to find him, at least we know he's okay." I said. "Who knows how long that's going to last." He mumbled. "Don't say that." I said. "It's true." He said.

"I think he's at his moms." Kaye said. We looked at her. "Why do you say that?" Nash asked. "One night we were talking about his mom and he said he could always go to her whenever something was wrong." She said.

"I told you we should go." I told Nash. "You think my little brother went somewhere two hours away?" He asked. "Yeah." We all said. "Yeah, we haven't seen him for a few hours. He could be there already." Madison said.

We got in my car and started driving.

• Kaye POV •

"This is your fault." Cameron glared at me. "What did I do?" I asked. "Who shouldn't have bailed on him." He said. "I'm tired of people telling me what I should have and what I shouldn't have done." I said. "Maybe because we're trying to help you out, but you're two stuck up to realize it." Carter said.

"Who are you." I said. "Carter." He said. I rolled my eyes, "I wasn't being serious." I said. I put my headphones in and put my music on blast, so I couldn't hear anyone else.

• Later •

I'm guessing we were here because we were parked in someone's driveway. Cameron and Nash got out and we stayed in the car.

I saw the door open and it was Hayes's mom. His mom and him have similar looks, she's really pretty.

We watched as they walked inside. A few minutes later Cameron came out. He opened the car door. "Hayes is refusing to go." He told us, "Kaye I think you should talk to him." He told me.

"Wouldn't I just make it worse." I snapped. They rolled their eyes, "can you just go." He said. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car.

I walked inside with Cameron and Nash was arguing with Hayes. "You have to go, if dad knew he would be mad!" Nash yelled at him. "I don't care! Mom is my parent too!" Hayes yelled.

"Hayes, I'm sorry." I said. He looked my way. "Oh goody. Way to bring my day down even more." He smiled sarcastically. "I didn't want to come in here anyways." I said turning to walk back out, but Cameron grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"You guys had a pointless fight, we all do." Nash said. "It's not pointless to me." Hayes said. I wanted to say it's because you're to sensitive, but I didn't.

"Kaye may not want to admit it, but she feels bad." Cameron said. "No she doesn't." Hayes said. That made me mad, how is he going to say what I feel or don't feel bad for.

"How do you know I don't." I said. "Because that's just the type of person you are." He said. "Ouch." I mumbled.

He shrugged and folded his arms. "Well even if you don't want to hear this, I do feel bad and I am sorry. You might not believe me, but I am. I'm not gonna keep saying it, so there." I said.

I walked back out and got in the car. "What happened?" Matthew asked me. "Nothing." I mumbled. I put my headphones in and waited to go home.

I saw the boys come out with Hayes. They all got in the car and I didn't bother looking at him. I leaned my head on Matthew and drifted asleep.

• Hayes POV •

We got back to the house and I went upstairs. I liked seeing my mom. After that huge fight we had, I swore I would never talk to her again, but I missed her.

I never lived with my dad and Nila, not until the beginning of summer. That's why I never knew Kaye like Nash did.

I missed being close to Kaye, I honestly don't like Matthew, plus he annoys me. I feel like Kaye can't go anywhere without her puppy dog Matthew following close behind her.

"Are you okay?" I heard. I looked over to see Kaye by the door. I shrugged. Honestly I'm glad she was here, I missed her.

She sat on the edge of the bed. "I miss how we used to be." She said. "Well things change." I snapped. "Alright." She said getting up. "Wait, I didn't mean to snap." I said.

"It's fine." She said before leaving. I was hoping she wouldn't leave, even though she's a drama queen sometimes, she's still fun and I love her, like a sister.

I walked out and she was standing by the door smirking. "What took you so long?" She asked. I smiled and hugged her.

"Kaye?" I heard. I pulled away and it was Matthew. "Of course." I mumbled. "Yeah Matthew, I'm with Hayes tonight." She said.

I smiled.

_________________________

Who do you ship Kaye with? Matthew or Hayes.

#Katthew or #Maye [Kaye and Matthew] whichever you guys go by

Or do you ship

#Kayes [Kaye and Hayes]

10 votes

5 comments

For the next chapter