• Chapter 27 •

~ Kaye POV ~

"I want some sprite from McDonalds." I sai. "there's sprite in the fridge." Cameron chuckled. "I don't sprite from the fridge, I want it from McDonalds." I said.

"What's the difference?" Nash chucked, "ones perfect and ones not." I said. "Don't worry, we'll go tomorrow." Madison smirked. "that's why you're bae." I smirked.

"I thought I was." Hayes said. "you're boy best friend." I said. "I want to be bae." He said. "You'll never replace me." Madison flipped her hair.

"I'm forever bae." Hayes smirked. Madison gave him a look and I laughed. "I need more clothes for summer." Madison said.

"So do I." Callie said. "yeah, I need more shirts." Carter said. "We can go to the mall tomorrow." Cameron said. "I want McDonalds sprite." I said.

"We can still get that." Nash said. "we better." I mumbled. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you do because I'm BAE." Hayes said, turning to madison when he said 'bae'

"That's okay, Madison can be my bae." Callie said. "no." Me, Shawn, and Carter said. we all looked at each other. "um, I has here before all of you." I said. "but I'm here now." Shawn smirked, putting his arm around Madison. "Well I was already here." Carter snapped at him.

"Kaye you can have Hayes, carter you can have your jealousy problem, I'll stay with Shawn." She smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Come on Hayes, I only like you." I said. Hayes nodded, smirking. "What about us!" Cameron said referring to him and Nash.

"Eh, I guess." I shrugged.

~ Next Day ~

We were all at the mall and we've been here for four hours now and all I want is my sprite. "Can we go to McDonalds real quick and come back?" I asked. Cameron, Nash, And Taylor had went to a different store.

"Yeah hold on." Madison said. I nodded and I sat down waiting for them to finish. "girl, you said we were going to McDonalds yesterday." I told her. "I know, one more store. me and Callie are looking for something specific." She said.

I was getting really tired. I leaned my head on Hayes, who was sitting right beside me.

"Do you wanna just go head and go? Because they're going to be here for awhile." He asked me. "no Madison is going to come, I don't want to leave without her and she gets mad." I said. he nodded.

"Alright let's go to this one!" Callie yelled. They laughed and followed her out. I sighed and Hayes looked at me, "come on." He said.

He grabbed my hand and we walked out of the mall and started walking to McDonalds. I started being crazy, just liked usual and Hayes recorded me.

I didn't care because I just thought it was on his phone. He started laughing really hard when I started making faces in the camera.

I laughed and stopped. "promise we'll be this close when school starts." He said. "we're gonna be forever." I told him. "I hope." He said. "don't worry, I hate people." I said.

"But, you're such a people person, I feel like you're going to have so many new friends." He said. "so would you!" I yelled. He chuckled, "but still."

I pulled him into a store that we passed by and looked for bracelets. I saw bands. I bought two of the same thing and it was a printed band that said 'crazy, but chill'

"This describes you perfectly." Hayes laughed. I put one on his wrist and one on my wrist. "As long as we both have these on, we're best friends." I said. he smiled and we kept walking to McDonald's.

When we got there I ordered two large sprites. "And two large fries, and two McFlurries." Hayes added, pulling his wallet out. "I guess we're eating." I laughed.

"And some chicken nuggets." I said. I gave Hayes a five and he put it in my pocket. "here we go." I mumbled. "how about you pay next time." He smirked. "even though that's not gonna happen, fine." I said.

The cashier laughed. "Let him be the gentlemen, it makes boys feel proud." She told me. I laughed, "aw Hayes." I teased.

"Makes me feel like a man." He said in a deep voice. I laughed and we sat down. She gave us our food and I dipped my fries in my McFlurry.

Hayes raised an eyebrow. "What?" I laughed. I dipped one again and held it up to his mouth. he slapped it out of my hand.

"Try it for me." I said. he rolled his eyes and tried it. "hey, that's good." He said. I smirked. Two girls came up to our table.

"Hi Sage, hi Sadie." Hayes smiled. I'm guessing these were his friends. "Hey, you're funny." One said. I gave her a confused look.

"Huh?" I asked. "Your videos." She said. "Hayes's snapchats." The other said. I looked at him. "what snapchats Hayes?" I glared.

I looked at them. "Hayes!" I whined. he chucked, "I thought you looked cute." He said. "whatever." I mumbled. "I'm Sadie." the girls with long brown hair. the girls both looked similar, I want to say they're Mexican but I don't want to be wrong and then they get mad.

"I'm sage." the other said. "I'm Kalyn, but people call me Kaye." I smiled. "oh is this the girl that's going to our school?" They asked. "So you talk about me?" I asked.

"Well I'm close with them." He said. "oh." I said, nodding. The two girls ordered and we told them they could sit with us.

This girls were so fun, I can't wait for school to start. we exchanged numbers and we left.

I checked my phone and had several callas and messages. I decided to call Cameron.

"Kalyn where are you!" He yelled, once he answered. "Walking with Hayes back to the mall." I said. "stay at McDonalds, we're on our way." He said.

I hung up and we waited outside McDonalds. "I love sprite." I said drinking my sprite. "So do I." He chuckled.

"Can't you tell the difference?" I askwd. "yeah, this is more bubbly and good." He said. "YES!" I yelled. he laughed. Cameron's car pulled up and we got in the car.

"You got me and Nash in trouble." Cameron growled at me. "how?" I asked. "mom kept asking where you were and I told her you were with me and she told me to put you on the phone and I couldn't because you weren't with me." I said.

"Nila said I should have been watch both you and Hayes." Nash said. "well if someone would have said what they said they were going to do, y'all wouldn't be in trouble." I said.

"Who are you talking about?" Madison asked. "no one." I mumbled. I grabbed my phone and put my headphones in so I wouldn't be able to hear anyone.

I saw Hayes roll his eyes multiple times. He's been hanging around me to much. it was cute when he rolled his eyes though.