• Chapter 28 •

• Hayes POV •

We got home and Cameron's mom was on the couch, filling out papers. "Cameron, I need to talk you." She said, when Cameron walked in.

He groaned, sitting on the couch. Kaye rolled her eyes. ever since Matthew left, she hasn't been herself and she hasn't been happy.

"Can you guys excuse us?" Melissa asked. we nodded. I followed Kaye up to her room. madison and Shawn came in too.

"Can you guys leave?" Kaye asked. "why?" Madison asked. "Because, I want to be alone." She said. "fine." Madison rolled her eyes.

Shawn and Madison left and I closed the door and laid on her bed with her. "what's wrong?" I asked. "promise you won't tell anyone?" She asked. "promise." I said.

"It's not just Matthew on why I'm unhappy, it's everything and everyone." She said. "and me?" I asked. "okay, maybe not everyone, but mostly everyone." She said.

"Why?" I asked. "I know I said I forgave Cameron, I did, I just can't forget about what happened that day. it was the worst day of my life. I feel like I'm bringing everyone down, so I keep my distance, then they go head and get mad, I swear I can't win." She said.

I felt bad and I didn't know what to say. "things will get better." I said. "I'm tired of hearing that." She said. "it'll blow over." I said.

"I really wanted me and Madison to go to McDonalds, but it just kept getting put to the side. I loved going with you, but we're always together. Madison is either with Shawn or Callie now." she said.

"Because she wanted to do things you didn't want to do, she just wanted to have fun and do what she wanted to do." I said. "Then I guess that's all that matters." She said, before turning over on her side.

I sighed and walked out of the room.

I went downstairs and Cameron was arguing with his mom. summer is going downhill, ever since Matthew left.

To be honest, I missed him. maybe if I called him, he could come back and it would make Kaye happy.

I went outside and sat in the chair and called Matthew. "What?" He answered. "Look, I know we got in that huge fight, but Matthew nothing was going on between me and Kaye, she just need someone to be with her because you weren't there. Kaye isn't happy anymore and this summer is going downhill. Matt, you have to come back." I said.

I heard him sigh. "Im sorry, I was just really jealous. I really want to come back but the boys don't like me." I said. "we can I'll talk. because Cameron's not even mad anymore and we all talked about it." I said.

"Okay." I said. I walked inside. "I hate my life!" Cameron yelled. "Okay, it's not a good time." I told Matthew. "Alright, call me when it is." He said. "Okay." I said and hung up.

"Cams grounded." Nash told Taylor and Carter. "Why?" They asked. "did you not hear him going off. Melissa is pissed." He said. "I leave in eight days, do you think she would let him go out?" Taylor asked.

"Probably." Nash said. "guys, Kaye needs Matthew." I said. they turned to me. "what?" Nash asked. "Kaye's not happy anymore." I said. "I noticed that." Carter said.

"I would tell y'all how she's feeling but I promise not to, she just really needs Matthew." I said. "I've been talking to Matthew, I missed him." Nash said. "me too." Carter said.

"Cameron did, he apologized for beating him up." Taylor said. At least it won't be that hard talking them into him coming back.

"I want your phone now!" I heard Melissa. "I want you out of my room now!" Cameron yelled. I heard the door slam and Melissa came downstairs.

We awkwardly looked everywhere but her. "um, you guys might want to go out or something, because Cameron's in a lot of trouble." She said. "I cant, I have to wait till Nila comes back." Nash said.

"We can only blame Kaye." Callie mumbled to Shawn and Madison. "it's not her fault, she just wanted to leave and do something she wanted to do." I said. "we were going into one more store that's it." Shawn said. "I told her that." Madison said.

I rolled my eyes, "where's Kaye?" Melissa asked. "she's sort of upset." I told her. she groaned. "my kids today." she said, before going upstairs.

"I feel bad for her today." Taylor mumbled. we all looked at him. "what?" He said. "Me and Shawn are gonna go practice, don't wait up." Madison said before they left.

I sat on the couch. "we're gonna join them." Taylor said, then him and Callie left. "I miss madison." Carter mumbled. "so do I." I heard. I turned to see Kaye.

She sat next to me. "I can't wait till they all leave." Carter said. "Eight more days." I told him. "Eight days to many." He said.

"I'm not gonna mope around anymore, I'm sick of this. I don't need anyone to be happy." Kaye said. we all looked at her.

"Well that was quick."