Yin and Yang

Oh.

Maybe he shouldn't have seen it after all. He just ruined the surprise.

Kim Seokjin could distinctly remember hearing the entrance door burst open and a bunch of people stumbling inside. On normal circumstance, Jin would have yelled at them for dirtying the floor with their wet shoes but somehow, he couldn't bring himself to speak. His limbs felt heavy, his mouth felt strange, he couldn't feel anything. He had no idea if he was just standing there or acting like a fool. He had no idea if seconds or hours had passed. Everything was so slow in Jin's mind. He could hear someone shouting (Or were they talking?) to him but he couldn't bring himself to focus on them. His eyeballs didn't want to follow where his brain wanted it to look. All he could see was the ceiling and the mold that has started to grow in the corners. He had to clean that once this, whatever this is, has passed and his body returns to normal. Seokjin refused to think what would happen if his body didn't. Soon, darkness engulfed him in its arms.

The first image that registered in Kim Namjoon's mind was Kim Seokjin standing near the kitchen counter. Namjoon nearly cried in relief but then he saw the tiny black book in Jin's hands and the look of horror on Jimin and Tae's face. Namjoon felt something drop real low in his belly. He felt small and nauseous. He managed to squeak a weak NO as he saw Jin's mouth form a small O. Namjoon wished he didn't need to explain the book to Jin and immediately regretted his wish. Kim Seokjin slumped to the floor, body twitching, mouth foaming, eyes rolled back.

"He's having seizures!" Hoseok yelled, quickly running towards Seokjin.

Namjoon's legs felt heavy as his body automatically moved towards Jin. He watched emptily as Hoseok yelled instructions to Jimin and Taehyung as Yoongi and the other kid who look like a bunny (What was his name again? Biscuit? He was bloody sure it was a dessert thou.) struggle to hold Jin's limbs from jerking too much. Namjoon noticed the small vial containing a clear liquid in bunny boy's pants dangerously close to falling out. Before Namjoon could caution him, it fell and shattered on the floor, spilling the clear liquid everywhere.

"Kookie, that bloody not be the holy oil!" Yoongi shouted.

Kookie frantically tried salvaging at least a little of the oil but it was to no vail. "I'm sorry, hyung." he whimpered, barely able to hold back his tears.

"We are losing him!" Hoseok shouted, as he placed his ear on Jin's heart.

Without thinking, Namjoon pushed Hoseok away and started giving short, powerful compressions to Jin's sternum. "I refuse to lose you, not tonight, not ever." Namjoon didn't even realize he was crying until he felt warm droplets dripping on his hand. Leaning closer to Seokjin's face, he whispered, "I still have so much to tell you. You have no idea how much I love you." Tilting Jin's head, he placed his mouth over Jin's and gave him two breaths. Nothing. Namjoon repeated CPR but there were no changes. Seokjin remained still, his chest not rising, no sign of life. Namjoon wasn't about to give up, he could hear Jimin quick breaths and Taehyung's inheld sobs. No, this is not happening. They could never survive without Kim Seokjin. The house would be in ruins in less than a day. Kim Namjoon could not wake up in the morning unless he hears Seokjin's voice. How was he to lead the rest of his life without ever hearing it? No, NO.

That stupid book. This whole mess is that bloody book's fault! Namjoon got off the floor and marched towards the kitchen. He was hellbent on burning that book one way or another. Namjoon stared at the book. Maybe if he opens it, the curse would bounce back to him and Seokjin would survive?

"Don't even think about it. You can't save him. If you open the book, you will only be a new victim." Yoongi said, gently placing his hand on top of Namjoon's.