Family

"Kookie, no!"

"Bu-but hyung. It's tasty."

"Yoongi-ah, why did you give the child beer?"

"Cause he won't shut up."

"Giving him beer has the exact opposite effect of shutting up."

"Kookie is a good boy." Jungkook hiccuped, cheeks rosy red in color.

*Sigh* "Yes, Kookie. You are a very good boy. Do you think you can help me?" Hoseok asked, gently prying the bottle away from the boy's hands.

"Yes, Hobi hyung. Anything."

"Yoongi-ah, I have information about the book. Do you want to hear it?"

"Of course."

"Good. Go get Kookie sobered up and I will tell you."

"Why me?"

"Cause you are the reason he is in this state at the first place. Urm, Yoongi, do you think Kookie looks a little green?"

"KOOKIE, NO." Yoongi shouted but it was too late. Jungkook doubled over and barfed all over the carpet before looking up sheepishly at his annoyed hyung.

"Clean this mess up, Yoongi or I swear I'm walking out of this hotel this instant." Hoseok said, as he ushered a very wobbly Jungkook to the bathroom.

"God help me." Yoongi muttered, as he wrinkled his nose, barely keeping in the contents of dinner in his stomach.

"I'm sorry, hyungs."
________________________________________

Kim Namjoon shared an apartment with his best friend, Kim Seokjin, his stepbrother Park Jimin and his best friend, Kim Taehyung. To say that their life was fulfilling, was an understatement in the least. Namjoon was juggling a part time job while doing his Masters in Music and Philosophy while Seokjin was a chef in a 4 star restaurant and was taking night classes to finish his masters in Sports Nutrition and the younger two boys were 1st year Bachelors of Music undergraduates with a schedule packed with dancing, singing and sports. Somehow the 4 boys always found themselves in the house at the exact same time and mayhem ensures or none of them would be home and it would be as quiet as a graveyard. There was no in between in apartment 609.

Kim Seokjin took on the unofficial duties of a mother, nagging the other 3 to clean the house, put their clothes for washing, drying the laundry, helping him cook (exception : Namjoon - for reasons known to all) and tidying up the bedrooms and ferrying the children wherever they need to go. Namjoon was the unofficial dad - making sure no one defies Kim Seokjin and that's about it. They were so much like a family that during Valentine's Day, rather than go out with girls, Taehyung and Jimin preffered spending time with their hyungs and even got two mugs - "No.1 Dad" and "Super Mum" as gifts. If ever Kim Namjoon does anything more out of the goodness of his heart, it always ends in disaster. The other two, they make sure their Hyungs stick to their job descriptions, always the first to complain to Kim Seokjin when Kim Namjoon messes up. Today was no different. 

"MUM, DAD CAME HOME LATE. HE SMELLS DIFFERENT. I THINK HE IS HAVING AN AFFAIR!" Taehyung yelled, snickering the moment he saw Namjoon walk thru the door.

"ARE YOU GUYS GETTING A DIVORCE?" Jimin shrieked, high five-ing Taehyung.

"FOR GOODNESS SAKE, STOP YELLING. NAMJOON IS NOT CHEATING. WE ARE NOT GETTING A DIVORCE. I AM NOT MUM AND HE CERTAINLY IS NOT DAD. STOP COMING UP WITH RIDICULOUS SCENARIOS IN THAT TWISTED HEAD OF YOURS."

"Hey." Namjoon said, smiling weakly as he saw Seokjin walking to the front with his pink apron on.

Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows and replied, "Why are you late? Do you want me to be worried sick?"

"JIMIN, MUM AND DAD ARE FIGHTING. WE ARE GOING TO BE THROWN IN THE ORPHANAGE. PREPARE YOURSELF." Taehyung shouted, grinning before running away from Seokjin's death glares.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NOTTTTTTTT TODAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY." Jimin whined loudly, somewhere deep in the dining hall.

"Those kids are definitely doing drugs, hyung. You sure you don't want them to get a blood check up?" Namjoon said, deadpanning.

"Don't change the subject, Namjoon-ah." Jin replied, voice serious.

Namjoon cowered under that intense gaze. Usually, Jin was very sweet. He rarely uses his age as a trump card and rarely takes the driver's seat when it comes to running the house. But when angered, or under stress, he usually shows you exactly why he is respected to the degree that he is. Kim Seokjin is not one you want to fuck with.

"I got lost." Namjoon said softly, a faint blush painting his embarrassment vivid.

"Again? God, Namjoonie, how in the world do you do that? Why is your sense of direction as bad as Tae's? Do you want me to buy you a satellite GPS?" Jin chided, his features immediately softening.

"MUM, TAETAE IS BURNING PLASTIC ON THE STOVE AGAIN."

"I AM NOT! JIMINIE IS LYING."

"I SWEAR, IF THAT KIMCHI SMELLS FUNNY, YOUR FATHER AND I ARE GROUNDING YOU BOTH!"

"So we are the parents now?" Namjoon asked, eyebrows raised.

"We always are the parents, Joonie. Get yourself cleaned and come down for dinner. Hurry or the gluttons will leave you nothing."

"Yes, sweetheart."

"MUM, JIMINIE IS HITTING ME!"

"I AM NOT!'

"STOP FIGHTING RIGHT THIS INSTANT!" Seokjin yelled and disappeared into the hallway, ladle in hand.

Kim Namjoon smiled. It was always nice to be home.