Of perverts and stupid decisions

Jungkook looked down at the paper in his hands. If he could decipher Yoongi hyung's handwriting correctly, he was at the right address. Hobi hyung had gone ahead to a small cafe to grab coffee for the both of them, an Americano for Kookie's hangover and a double Espresso for his caffeine addiction. Jungkook hesitated, should he enter first and start inquiring about the book? Or should he wait for his hyung to be back? He might be a hunter in training but sometimes, he felt like his hyungs treated him too much like a child. Inhaling deeply, Jungkook walked into the bookstore. Maybe it's time he proved to his hyungs that he is at least capable of gathering information even if he wasn't able to kill monsters on his own just yet.

The bell chimed overhead as he walked in, taking in the sight of the overstuffed rows of books crammed into such a tiny space, not a single human in sight. He walked around a bit, looking thru the titles that they had available. There were books in multiple languages, some Jungkook could identify and most he could not. "Hobi hyung should be able to identify pretty much all of the books here, being the huge nerd that he is." Jungkook thought fondly, as he caressed the dust covered spine of the books.

"How may I help you, young man?" a voice inquired.

Jungkook jumped, he totally forgot that he was suppose to be looking for people to talk to, not walk around staring at books. "I'm sorry, ma'am but are you the owner of this bookshop?" he asked, instantly smiling at the general direction of the voice. He noticed a short, old woman wearing a plain old dress, hunched with a walking stick on one hand. Her face was covered with a shawl but Jungkook knew she was far richer then she looked, judging by the size of the rings she had adorned her fingers with.

"Depends on who's asking." the lady replied, walking slowly towards Jungkook.

Jungkook couldn't help but take a step back. Something about this old lady didn't sit comfortably with him. "I-I'm a collector. I collect rare, valuable books. I came searching for one, heard it was here. I was wishing the owner could point me in the right direction." he said, wishing Hobi hyung was here to back him up.

"A little too young to be a collector, don't you think?" the old lady pressed, holding Jungkook's wrist, as she felt up Jungkook's arm; taking in his toned, lean muscles.

Jungkook shuddered. Why did old people always like him? Not in a grandson sort of way, but something even more sinister. "Do old people even feel anything of that sorts anymore? Isn't your ovaries ancient, shriveled or even turned to dust by now?" he thought with distaste as he wriggled out of the old woman's grasp. "My father was a collector too. I guess I just fell in love with books at a young age."

"I see. Can I call you oppa?" the old lady asked smiling a crooked smile, reveling yellowing decays for teeth.

Jungkook felt nauseous. Why was something so simple turning into something so weird? "Erm, no. That's very inappropriate, don't you think?" he replied, trying to keep his voice from sounding too harsh.

"Well, you remind me of my deceased husband. If you want to ask questions around here, I suggest you follow my rules, boy." the old lady said, voice as cold as ice.

Jungkook exhaled sharply, "Sure then. Call me oppa. Now can you answer my questions, please?" desperation clearly evident in his voice.

The old lady blushed and laughed like a young girl in love. Jungkook was really, really close to throwing up. Again. "What do you want to know, oppa?" the old lady asked, stressing on the final word.

In a way, Jungkook was glad Hobi hyung was not there to watch this extremely awkward situation Jungkook has gotten himself into. "I tracked a book called the Book of Curses to this shop. Do you have it?" he asked, not bothering with beating around the bush. He just wanted to get out of there.