Love and Secrets

Park Jimin has always been a very curious child. Sure it has gotten him into trouble many times but he never seems to have learned his lesson. Nearly an hour back, he saw his stepbrother rushing out of the house, a look of panic clearly etched into his face. But in true Namjoon fashion, he totally forgot to change his shoes and was running towards the bus stop on a cold, snowy day wearing only his fuzzy socks and bedroom slippers. And Jin being the perfect wife, literally ran after him in his boxers and white tee just to drag him back home to change into proper footwear. It certainly was a splendid spectacle, more so for the women living in their lane. Jimin always knew that women in their neighbourhood, young and old alike, had a massive crush on either one of the boys or all of them in the Kim+Park household. They were used to attention and they didn't mind.

But Kim Seokjin was a different story. It was almost like an unholy obssesion or a cult following. There was always someone trying to flirt or slip him their number. A few even straight up beg to have sex with him. The shy ones Jin usually handles on his own. But the persistent ones, the aggresive ones, the unrelenting ones; Jin usually has a problem with as he is a perfect gentleman and wasn't raised to be rude to a lady. In scenarios like this, Jimin or Taehyung usually step in. They either call him mom and come up with a wild story about how Jin is a transgender man from Thailand who escaped to Korea and adopted two sons. Or either one acts as his gay partner, acting all touch and kissing him on the cheeks until the woman backs off. Jimin knows Jin doesn't mind skinship and is always eternally grateful for the boys' help. But Jimin's personal favourite is when he and Taehyung both act like his boyfriends and declare that they are in a polymorous relationship. Sometimes he could see the disgust flash in the woman's eyes. He couldn't really blame them for being narrow minded. Its a product of years of social brainwashing on what's normal and what's considered not. Apparently, being gay is not only abnormal, it is also a sin. Couple that with being together with multiple partners is like the cherry on top of the mountain of blasphemy that gets you thrown into the depths of hell. Jimin couldn't honestly give a damn to all these social stigmas. If being in love is considered a sin, then he gladly will be considered a sinner. However, he has noticed that when Namjoon is out with Jin, not even a single lady approaches Jin. Maybe its to do with the fact that Namjoon always holds Jin's hand. Jimin has always marvelled on how Jin's hand fits snugly against Namjoon's with their fingers interwined perfectly together. Or maybe its because of the way Namjoon looks at Jin, sparkly eyes with a hint of fondness at the edge or maybe because of how Jin steals glances at Namjoon with a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth when he thinks Namjoon isn't noticing. Maybe its because of the playful touches that sometimes lingers a little longer. Maybe to everyone on the outside, it looks as if these boys were madly in love. Heck, sometimes even Taehyung and Jimin feel the same; making calling Jin - mum and Namjoon - dad all the more real. But then again, it could also be due to the death glares and threatening aura emitting from Jimin and Taehyung when a woman even comes a little too close to the boys. They hate it when anyone interupts their parents dating during grocery shopping.

Park Jimin was curious as to what could have caused his big brother to run out on a cold winter morning when winter is Namjoon's public enemy number one. After the circus show/family meeting regarding Taehyung (verdict : sentenced to house arrest for life), Namjoon had locked himself up in his bedroom. Less than an hour later, he had ran out of the house. So the source of Namjoon's distress had to be in his room. The problem was figuring out what. Jimin decides to investigate. His usual partner in crime is out of action since he is confined to his bedroom until Jin is done preparing lunch. Jin was still extremely upset with Taehyung's action that he didn't notice Jimin quietly slip off the high stool; leaving his unfinished iced latte on the kitchen counter and sneaking upstairs to Namjoon's room.

Kim Namjoon's bedroom is spotless. Everything is placed exactly where they should be. The bed is done, the laundry basket empty, his books arranged alphabetically in the bookshelf, his Ryan collections standing proudly in the showcase, clothes folded and arranged neatly in the closet. Jimin couldn't find anything strange or out of place. Sighing, he dropped his butt on the soft mattress and stared blankly at his brother's study table. He noticed a red color string jutting out of one of the drawers. Jimin's interest was pipqued. Someone with an OCD complex like Namjoon would not have tolerated anything sticking out of his drawers. Unless he was in a hurry and just ended up throwing the object into the drawer, slamming it shut and rushed out the door. That would probably mean that whatever was attached to the red string was the final object Namjoon touched before leaving the house; which indicated that object was something personal that he didn't want anyone finding out or the cause of his distress. Jimin licked his lips, like a predator would once it locked onto its prey.

He gingerly opened the drawer, afraid whatever that was inside would jump out at him. Sadly, real life ain't as fun as the magical universe of Harry Potter. Staring back at him was a black leather book. A plain, simple book with the words "Book of Curses" written at the front in silver.

Jimin snorted. "That's such a stupid way to hide your diary, brother. Let's see if you have written anything worth blackmailing over." Jimin thought gleefully. Jimin was a little disturbed with the warnings written in the first few pages. He knew that Namjoon didn't have a conventional mindset and such, could be a little different at times. But this was plain weird. Who writes things like these? A 5 year old was more likely as opposed to a 23 year old. He flipped a few pages until his eyes were attracted to the words written at the bottom corner of the page.

Oh?

Oh.

Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!     

There was basicly no coherant sentences that his mind was capable of producing at the moment. Jimin merely stared at the book, mouth slightly agape. "No wonder daddy ran out. This is huge. This changes everything." Jimin thought. The vibration of his phone nearly makes Jimin drop the book. "Speak of the devil." Jimin thought smugly as the pressed the accept button and answered.

"Hello, dad. Where are you?"

"Jimin, I know you, so don't bother lying. Are you in my room right now?"

"What? I never- how could you-"

"JIMIN!"

"Yes, yes. I am in your room. And I can't believe your diary entry, dad."

"Oh sweet Jesus. Jimin. No. Did you open the tiny black book?"

"The book of curses? You bet I did. You think I don't know that that's your diary?

"Jimin, listen to me carefully. I know I'm going to sound insane, but its the truth. That book you are holding is really cursed. All the entries in it. I didn't write it. It appears by itself. It predicts the future, Jimin."

"So, I could use the book to gamble?" Jimin asked, laughing. He couldn't believe that Namjoon would try to prank him with such a ridiculous lie.

"Listen, you little shit. That book is going to kill you. All its past owners have had their death predicted by that book. So, if you don't want to end up 6 feet under, you better shut your cakehole and listen." a gruffy voice yelled.

Jimin heard commotion on the line as the phone was being passed around. He could pick up bits of conversation - "yes, genius, Yoongi.", "-scare the child." "-quite fantastic method.", "-you idgits!" before finally Namjoon reappeared on the line.

"Jimin, please. Don't let anyone else see that book. Just hold on til I'm home and I promise that I will explain everything to you. I'll be there in less than 10 minutes. Promise me." Namjoon pleaded.

Jimin felt like Namjoon wasn't joking and couldn't help but feel a little scared. Was he going to die? He was about to promise Namjoon when the door creaked open and a face came into view.

Gulping, Jimin replied, "I'm sorry, dad but I can't promise you anything."

And the line went dead.