Chapter twenty-six: Sketchy Merkulova

"Sprikuenall kohdu... Sriitanmera muruto... Ra ho koradu... Stokunsa spira.."

The whole tower shook with ancient energy, I could feel that the vibration was coming from without a doubt the dragon. The stone on the dragon peeled off like old skin and fell with a clattering heavy sound. I couldn't help but touch the new skin on the dragon: it was a gorgeous purple.

Scale by scale, the stone scales fell off like flakes. I continued to sing, I don't know how I knew all the words to this song, but I did. When the song came to an end, a gust of wind came from the dragon that sent both Luca and Elias crashing into the brick wall. Strangely, it didn't blow me away.

The dragon that was stone for the past two millenniums was now awake. The Dragon flew up into the sky leaving a gigantic hole in the once brick ceiling. I could feel it in my abdomen, the dragon turning to stone was a curse, but now it was lifted. The universe felt lighter, brighter even.

An instinct in me told me to after the Dragon. I hopped out the window with no fear or hesitation. "Katherine, no!" Elias screamed jumping after me. He grabbed me and pulled me close to him. We were both falling quickly from the tall tower.

"Why would you jump too?"

"We're Buddies, right? We share the same fate."

"The Buddy excuse? Again?" I joked. We both got lost in each other's eyes. It was like time stopped, again, and what was going on around us didn't matter. We both leaned in, and our lips met. It was the best feeling in the world. Next thing I know, something painfully sprouted out of my back and we weren't falling anymore. I brought Elias to the ground safely.

"Whoa." We both said in unison. I opened my arms, and I had, wings... They were brown and reached to my fingertips. I took Elias' hands in mine and he spun me around while I was inches off the ground.

I rejoiced with a giggle, "We did it!" 

"We did, didn't we?" He chuckled.

"Were you scared?"

"No, because you were with me. And with you, I feel like I can do anything." We stood there in silence, gazing into each others eyes. I could feel myself blushing.

"Well, well, well," A familiar spoke out from the shadows. Professor Merkulova emerged into the moonlight as he clapped slowly. "If it isn't Gedonelune's Guardian, Katherine Espinosa. And her lover-boy."

"Professor Merkulova?-"

"What are you doing here?" I demanded, keeping Elias behind me this time.

"I guess I'll get straight to the point, then. You have more power than you think, Katherine."

"And what do you want me to with this power this time?"

"This time?-" Elias asked dumbfoundedly.

"Now that your power has reached to its fullest potential, I want you to challenge me," As he talked his eyes changed from his usual brown doe eyes into a glowing blood red colour, and his voice sounded low and demonic. "In my true form."