Chapter seventeen: Cursed For Eternity

{ Klaus' P.O.V }

Before I headed back to my dorm to turn in for the night, I made a mental note to tell headmaster Randolph what Katherine Espinosa told me. I gave two knocks on the door, and his voice told me to come in.

I let myself into the room, and closed the door behind me. He acknowledged my presence, but remained his focus on the tower of playing cards with a baby-blue back on his desk that he was stacking. The tower of cards was designed to be coincidentally in a similar shape to the tower of sorrow.

"I wanted to report to you about an incident that happened today with-" I stated, causing him to lose concentration on the cards and they all collapsed. Dozens of cards scattered across his desk. "Katherine Espinosa."

"An incident involving the provisional student, you say?" He inquired, collecting all the cards and slid them in the matching baby-blue box that they came with.

"She said she was led to the tower of sorrow by Nora." Randolph dropped the box in his hands and looked up to face me. A serious look fell on his face and I continued to tell the story. "I was lucky enough to witness it. It is as tall as the history books described it to be."

"You mean the watcher of the Guardians?"

"Yes. Nora said that she's chosen to be Gedonelune's Guardian."

"I thought only the dragon of time could do that. That's why we've never had a Guardian in more than a millennium." He replied.

Randolph checked the time which also made me take a look too, it was five o'clock; the brink of sundown. When he realized what time it was, he sighed and stood up. He walked me out of his office, turning off the lights and locking the door behind him.

"Katherine eventually told me that Nora has some sort of ritual that she needs to do to awaken him." I explained, walking down the empty hallway with him. "I thought it was all bogus until Nora appeared right in front of me, then later on Katherine was the one who lead us out of the forest."

"So, Gedonelune's soon-to-be Guardian is your brother's Buddy? We must tell the ministry of magic straight away." He commanded, holding the door for me to walk out. "It would be much appreciated if you would make a statement to them."

"Why?" I asked. He stopped and looked at me with a dark expression.

"Nothing can stop her from taking the role as Guardian. We need her."

"What would happen if she does get stopped?"

"Then Gedonelune will be cursed for eternity. Goodnight, Klaus."

With that being said, he turned around and walked off in the opposite direction. Knowing that the unanswered question I had of what he meant by that would bother me for the rest of the night, I scowled and headed to the dormitory...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{ Katherine's P.O.V }

It was cold. I could feel the air of the night sending me goosebumps, shivers brushed over my exposed skin. I looked down at the outfit I was wearing, it wasn't the one I wore to bed. I murmured to myself, "Why am I in a dress similar to Nora's?"

I'm running in a forest, almost identical to the east forest... It can't be, can it? The adrenaline rushed through my veins and it made me feel like I was super running through the trees. I looked up to see Elias and Luca from the window of the highest point of the tower of sorrow. Their arguing was far more different this time, they were at each other's throats. They both drew their wands and begin to take ten paces.