Chapter fifteen: Nora

{ Katherine's P.O.V }

"Good morning, Katherine." A voice greeted from behind me. I turned around in a one-eighty-degree turn to see Elias in a rather good mood.

"Uh, morning, Elias."

"I see that you got permission to keep your familiar with you." He commented, extending his hand out to pet the owl which surprisingly, Stargaze let him. Before, the only person my familiar has let anyone pet was me.

"I see you've stopped calling me by my surname." I replied with a proud smirk, mentally praising myself for my witty comeback.

Before Elias could speak, a magic note maneuvered it's way around me and into Elias' hands. Almost immediately he teared it open. From the serious look that fell on his face, it seemed urgent but almost as if he was expecting it.

"I must get going now, Klaus needs me. I'll see you later." Elias explained. He sped up the stairs and vanished into the crowd.

Luca approached me with a mocking tone. "Oh, Katherine! I'll most definitely see you later so we can 'study'!"

"Hi, Luca."

"What happened to that owl's eyes? Did you look into them?" He joked but earned an ear piercing screech from Stargaze. "You sure are loud for a little bird!"

"What are you really here for?"

"I can't tell my best friend hello? How hurtful."

"I know why you're really here, Luca, take it. That's the whole reason you really wanted me to steal it, isn't it? For yourself?" I queried, taking the mirror from my bag and in his hand without hesitation. Just as I was about to pull away, he grabbed my wrist with his free hand. The sudden move caused a gasp to escape from my lips.

"Believe it or not, I didn't ask you to get it for me. I may be selfish, sure, but I'm not that selfish. If you're assuming that I want to take a look, I'll refuse," He was so close to me, I could feel his minty breath fan across my skin. With his voice barely above a whisper, he placed the mirror back in my hand and let go of me. "Some things are better left unknown. If I really wanted that mirror, I would've taken it the first time you tried to give it to me."

As I stalked away from him, I huffed, "I gotta get going, Luca."

"I'll see you later in class."

I sarcastically gasped. "You're actually going to class?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klaus Goldstein; the academy's prefect, and most importantly my Buddy's older brother, was substituting for our first period class since professor Schuyler was in cahoots with the ministry of magic again, filling them in on any detail or anybody suspicious. He called us out to the courtyard to do an activity together.

"For today's lesson, we all will be playing hide-and-seek. But, the catch is, you need to use an invisibility spell on yourself and hide. When the time is up, I will find you. Simple enough?" Once he was satisfied with the amount of nods the students gave him, he started counting down from sixty.

Students scrambled to find a good hiding place, and then there was Elias and Luca shaking hands and making it a competition; the last one found would be declared the winner.

I was just about to recite the incantation until I heard a psst coming from the trees. I snapped my head to the noise and saw a girl in a white dress that my gut swore up and down that I have met her before.

We were still pretty far apart but I could still see what she looked like; She had olive skin, wavy long black hair complimenting her radiant deep forest-green eyes.