Chapter fourteen: Flashback

I eventually got Chloe's permission to keep Stargaze in the dorm with us. She says as long as he doesn't poop on her, then she's happy with a familiar in our dorm room.

Considering whether that hug Elias gave me was a friendly gesture or something more, I vented to the owl about it as if he could understand. The only response I received was him looking back at me with his universe-like eyes glowing. He tilted his head in a dog-like way and I shook my head with a soft chuckle.

I eventually gave up talking to the owl and tried writing in my diary about the events that happened to me today. A few pages in, my eyelids began to grow heavy. I rested my head down against the desk and shut my eyes. Before I could drift off, I heard the song again.

I thought Yukiya and I were the only ones that could hear it, but strangely, my familiar could too. The second he heard it, he flew off the bed and trotted to the window to gaze at the moon and the stars, swaying to the music...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Enjoy this little bonus chapter! I love me some tension! (P.S this scene contains a little violence, so be warned!)

S this scene contains a little violence, so be warned!)

{ Unknown P.O.V }
{ Two thousand years ago from today }

It has been months since we found and captured the prophet. We've tried almost every single torture in the book to pry information out of him, but he still hasn't talked yet. My patience is starting to wear very thin.

"Who is it!?" I roared. He flinched at the volume of my voice but remained silent. I growled in frustration and threw another punch at him.

"I don't know!" He cried out.

"You do, tell me."

"I don't know who Gedonelune's first Guardian will be!"

"You're a bad liar, you know," I smirked. My face was inches away from him and at eye level. "It's not that hard! All you have to do is tell me who Gedonelune's Guardian will be. You think you can do that for me?"

I watched him slowly part his mouth as if he was about to speak, but he spit in my face. His blood mixed saliva splattered onto my cheek. The prophet spat out with a smile with a couple front teeth missing since I previously knocked them out, "I would rather die than tell you who the Guardian will be."

I sinisterly grinned as I grabbed him by the throat and effortlessly lifted his body inches off the ground. I laughed when I heard his pathetic mortal body gasp for air. "You know I can't do that! Especially when you have valuable information stored in your little prophet brain!"

"Why are you doing this?" He croaked out. I shrugged my shoulders and dropped him on the floor. He never stood back up, only remained on the floor, coughing and gasping like a fish out of water.

"Because my very future depends on who the little Guardian is!" I ranted, throwing him back in the chair. He lied in the chair, too exhausted to move.

Eventually, one of my men barged through the door with information that I've been expecting, "We've found them, my lord."

"At last!" I rejoiced, using the tears of spectrum to reveal his two daughters and wife being held hostage by my men. The petrified looks on their faces seemed to snap him to reality. "If I can't get information out of you, maybe I should pay a little visit to your daughters. Pretty little things, they are..."

"You leave them out of this, you hear!? This is between you and me!"

"You're leaving me no choice. Just a snap of my fingers and I'll have the witch end them. Just speak up!" I sneered with venom, towering over him with a menacing glare. He looked up at me with terror.

"It's Kath- Katherine E-Espinosa!" He choked out, fear laced in his voice. Even though I had the information I desired, he continued to ramble. "Even if you do manage to find her, it's pointless!"

"And why's that?"

"The dragon of time has cursed this land from ever having one. Not even you will be able to break the curse."

"Cecilia!" I roared. Almost immediately, she ran into the room and beckoned to my call.

"Yes, my liege?" She purred.

"Do it."

"No! Don't you dare!" He wailed. She raised her hand whispered the incantation under her breath for a few times. Through the tears of spectrum I watched them struggle to survive, and eventually, their bodies went limp.

"You monster!" He screamed, using the last of his energy to attack me, but I speedily got out of his way and cackled as he plopped back on the ground.

"I've been called worse. Now it's your turn to die," Cecilia raised her hand to perform the incantation again but I stopped her. "Actually, miss Nile, I'd like to do this on my own."

She nodded and bowed gratefully, exiting the room with haste. When I turned my attention back to the prophet, he was trying to crawl away. He only made about a few feet far from where I last saw him. I stalked towards him, like a predator stalking his prey.

I grabbed him by his head and lifted him up from the ground. "Please-" I ignored his pleas for mercy and with the slightest of movements, I twisted his head, snapping his neck and letting his lifeless body flop down to the ground.