Chapter four: Yukiya And His Curse

"Oh, they're here!"

"Wait, that's Elias' Buddy?"

"-I heard their emblems shined on the second day of her arrival!"

The next day, everyone had found out and was already talking about me being Elias' Buddy. I quickly learned that gossip travels fast around here. It didn't take long for everyone to know what happened.

He even walked me from my dorm to our first class. I was about to think that what he did was a kind gesture until he told me he was only doing it so I wouldn't be late and hurt him on his part...

"There's the classroom-"

Just as I was about to go into the room, Luca ran up to us with a smile. "Hey, prince Elias!"

"Luca... Now is not a good time." Elias grumbled, obviously irritated by Luca's presence.

"When is it ever a good time?" He retorted with a smirk. He looked at both me and Elias with a mischievous grin. "So I heard. His royal majesty Elias, crowned prince of the academy, is Buddies with a girl like Kate."

"Don't call me that." I hissed, tightening the grip I had on the strap of my book bag in anger. Both of the boys ignored me and continued to argue.

"I've told you countless times, would you stop calling me that? I'm not a prince nor a member of the royal family! Don't you think it's irreverent to the actual throne?"

"Ha, 'irreverent!'" He laughed at his rival's defence. "It's like you're a generation behind!"

"Class is about to start, you seem to be going somewhere?" Elias guessed, changing the subject but remained his cold expression towards his rival.

"Yeah, I was just going to, uh, skip class as usual." He replied in a 'duh' tone, leaning his body against the stone wall.

"Again?"

"Look, we underachievers have problems that you overachievers just don't get, ya know?"

Not wanting to hear any more of their bickering, I pushed past Luca to enter the classroom. I spat out, "Could you two sound any more like an old married couple?"

"Wait." Luca stopped me by grabbing my wrist. When I turned to face him, he let go and circled around me, staring me down from head to toe.

"What?"

"I was wondering why you got chosen to be Elias' Buddy. It's kinda interesting. I feel like I've gotta know..."

"Know what?"

"You, all about you," Luca stared into my eyes with a condescending smile. "That's it. I'm staying for class... What? Don't make that face, prince Elias!"

Luca cackled at Elias' furious face. I myself thought it was a little funny but I held back a chuckle. Elias held the door open for me so I could go through. I gave a small smile and murmured a thank you before walking through.

Elias threatened Luca with a glare, "Next time you call me that, I'll incinerate you with fire spells."

"Better watch my back!" He snickered, pretending to look bashful noticing Elias was still holding the door. But before Luca could go through, Elias quickly went in and attempted to shut the door on his face but failed; Luca caught the door and passed through with a smirk.