Chapter 86: Plans

Elinn

I walked through the dark forest gazing up at the stars above me. I had no idea where I was really going, but I knew that it wouldn't take long for Master to locate me. All that I could really focus on was getting away from those who would be hurt by my staying.

Master had promised me over and over again that he would find me. He would track me down every time I ran away bringing me back to the house where I was kept prisoner like a bird in a cage. I shouldn't have been surprised that this time was just like all of the others.

"Elinn, we have to go back we can't leave our mate! He needs us and will be upset when he finds out we left. If we go back now he will never even know that we were gone. GO BACK TO OUR MATE!" My wolf was tearing at my mind attempting to wrestle control from me.

I had known that doing this would hurt my wolf, it would hurt me. I was willing to go through it, I would rather it be me than the rest of them. I would no longer be responsible for the struggles and torment of others. The only pain I would cause would be my own from on.

"This is for the best. We are doing what we must in order to keep those we love safe. You wouldn't understand because you haven't known loss." It was the other voice that seemed to run amuck in my head.

I had only known her for a short period of time but so far she has seemed to understand me better than my wolf. She knew why we had to go, why we left the only people who had ever been kind to us. Understood the reliance we had upon those people and how hard it was going to be to leave them.

"Don't listen to her! You don't know what she is, why she is doing this. It isn't for you, it is for her own personal gain. Please, let us go back to our mate he is going to have answers and a way to control her." I ignored my wolf because so far this other voice had not lead me astray.

"You need to be quiet now. All you care about is having that little pup hold you in his arms. NO all you really care about is having his," Before she could finish my wolf growled back at her.

"I simply care about the well being of Elinn. Unlike you, I actually care what she wants and how she is doing. You simply wish to feed, that is all you've wanted since you showed up." At this point, I could hardly see two steps in front of me due to the shouting going on in my mind.

"You know what happens if I'm not satiated. This isn't my fault and you know that I was given to Elinn to protect her, to bless her. A gift from the most important person in her life. Now that I have finally had the chance to be here I'm not leaving. Not the like you who can abandon her with one small injection. I will be what keeps her afloat, you are nothing compared to me!"

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" I roared at the both of them using all that I had to shove them into tightly locked cages. Maybe this time they would stay there until I decided to let them out.

It was then that I was finally able to hear the rustling that was moving closer to me. I knew that it had to mean someone had found me. Suddenly I was no longer as fine with the idea of going back to Master and was moving before I could really process what I was doing.

Soon I was up a tree hiding in a thick set of branches and leaves. Since I had started spending time with Carter my scent had started to shift and changed and I hoped I could use it to my advantage. They would have a harder time finding me with the shift in smell.

"Have you heard what the Alpha has planned for the girl?" It was the voice of a man one who had been following me.

"No, but I do know how much fun he has had with her in the past. I heard that he is going to throw her in the dungeons for a month when he gets her back. Right after he spends two whole weeks reminding her where she belongs." The second man's words sent shivers scurrying down my spine.

"I'm just excited for the chance to get at those pack members. So many choices, imagine all the girls, we are gonna have a lot of fun." I stopped breathing when he said that.

"Taking down the 'strongest pack in the world' it's gonna be a sinch. After we kill that stupid Alpha it will be easy. After all what kind of pack can survive without an Alpha. Add to that the deaths from the other day and the pack is going to be mourning and unable to protect themselves." My heart was going a million miles a minute.

"She is going to be so broken up she won't even fight us. The Alpha is going to be able to finish the plan quickly and then it will start. The beginning of the end, our chance to shatter the world into little tiny pieces. With the power she holds it will a simple task once the Alpha controls her." I was working hard not to fall out of the tree at this point.

My leaving wasn't going to fix anything. Master was planning on killing the whole pack no matter where I was. He was going to hurt Carter!

I quickly began to climb from tree to tree as quietly as I possibly could. I had to get back to warn Carter about what was going to happen. We needed to make sure that the pack was protected no matter what.

I just hoped that I would get back in time.

AN: Sorry about not updating yesterday, it's finals week for me and things have been crazy and I was freaking out. There will, however, be a double update today. Don't forget about my new book that's coming out called Darkness Disrupted. I still need a cover for the book and would love to one that someone else would make for me. Until next time, bye bye!