Chapter 76: The Past

Carter

Lucas was not letting up control of our body anytime soon. He wanted to make to make sure that we were going to get straight answers. He stalked into our office and sat down and glared menacingly at Zayden and Adara strolled in. He let out a small growl and Zayden whirled onus.

"I don't know what is wrong with you, but you will calm down. I was willing to let it slide a little in front of your pack as to not embarrass you in front of them, but you will control yourself. I am your king and my family has been very kind to you and understood that when you stand up to us it's usually because you're protecting you mate, but it really pisses off our wolves. You're an Alpha and I understand that you are upset, that does not give you the right to growl at me or my mate. CALM DOWN!" Zayden snapped at me in his royal tone. My wolf fought his command for a few moments before he eventually gave in.

"That's better now sit down and explain what is going on." Zayden said and joined his wife sitting in the chairs in front of my desk.

"I'm sorry Alpha King, Carter and I are very upset by somethings that have been going on. Understand that we are both upset with our behavior but we had to talk to you. There are some things about your daughter that we don't understand and we know that you have answers you aren't sharing." Luca told him honestly. We watched as the King and Queen shared a look and turned back to face us with grim expressions.

"Go ahead and ask your questions. We will do our best to answer them, but there is some information that we can not share. Some things will have to be told to you by those who are directly involved and not us. However, we won't lie to you about anything that we are permitted to talk about." Adara agrees with a cool look on her face telling me she is dead serious. Who could possibly have control over them that wouldn't allow them to say something? They were the highest ranked wolves in all of existence no one could order them around.

"Why doesn't she look like any of you? She has blue eyes and blonde hair while all of you have brown hair and green or brown eyes. Is it possible that she could be...." I trailed off not wanting to think about what that would mean.

"Xander was three and Darius was five at the time and Adara was dying to have a little girl. We had tried for more children on a few different occasions, but it had never worked out. We went to the doctors to figure out what we were doing wrong and the news we got was brutal.

Adara was diagnosed to with cervical cancer. It was still in its early stages, but not early enough that they could save her completely. There was no way that Adara would be able to get pregnant again and if she did she could never carry a child to term. We couldn't do anything to change the facts it was just the way it was and there was nothing that we could do.

It was very detrimental to Adara's health. She was constantly sick and she was depressed and didn't see a reason to continue on. Of course, she had the boys but she had always talked about what she would do with her little grew when we had one and it didn't seem like that was ever going to happen. Thee whole family was suffering and it was not a good time for any of us." Zayden could barely look at me, he was to focused on his mate who was crying hearing the story again. She was probably reliving all that she had been through in those painful months and I didn't blame her for the tears she shed.

"It was in early Spring when things began to change. Adara began to realize that her life wasn't over and she would always have her boys who would grow up to find mates who would become her daughters. She got better and it benefitted everyone especially our children, they had been so worried about their Mom and had done everything they could to make her feel better. We were once again strong united family front.

On a rainy night in early May Adara got a really bad headache and the only thing she wanted to do was go driving in the rain. I was willing to do whatever she needed so she could feel better se we called my Beta's wife up and she agreed to sleep on the couch while we were gone. So we packed up and jumped in the car and just drove around. There was no destination in mind we just drove and would keep driving till Adara felt better.

While we were driving we began to notice something, there was someone following us. They were in wolf form and we had no idea who it was. I decided that it would be best if I pulled over and confronted whoever it was and asked what was going on.

When I stopped I found that it was someone that I had only ever heard of before and never had the pleasure of meeting. They were carrying a little bundle in their arms and asked me if they could talk to me and my mate for a few moments. I agreed wanting to get to know this individual better and know the real them and not the one everyone talked about.

As we talked he told us a story that I can not tell you because it is not mine to tell but I can tell you the ending. This person was being hunted by some very bad people and wanted to keep their most precious piece of their life safe. So they begged Adara and I to watch over their daughter until they could safely take care of her again. Adara and I agreed after also speaking with the other person involved in the relationship making sure they agreed that this was what had to be done.

When we returned home we found that other pack members had their memories somehow altered so they assumed that the girl was our daughter. We have no idea how it happened but it meant that no one was suspicious as to why we all of the sudden had a two-month-old infant daughter." Luca and I had no words to explain what we thought about this whole thing. How was this possible when I felt such an aura of power radiating off of Elinn?

"Why can I sense such a strong power surrounding her then? That doesn't make sense if she isn't your daughter." I asked finally being able to take the wheel while Luca sat back processing this information.

"We can't tell you that Carter, it isn't our place. I know that you're confused but we need you to try and keep an open mind about all of this." Adara said reaching across the table taking my hand in hers. Then my wolf thought of something that we absolutely had to know no matter what.

"Elinn's wolf isn't normal, there is something wrong with it. Sometimes her eyes glow white as they should if she was a royal wolf which no longer makes sense. Then sometimes her eyes glow this strange golden color and that thing isn't a normal wolf. It makes her do thing she would never do and I don't think it's supposed to be there. And I don't care what you can or can't tell me you will be explaining this to me." Luca emphasized the last part and I could tell that it wasn't making the Kings wolf edgy.

"Her eyes are white because Zayden and I have claimed Elinn as our daughter and so her eyes glow white because she is our daughter at least to our wolves. The golden eyes are meant to happen, however, you should never tell anyone else about that fact. Someday she will tell you why she is there or someone else will explain it to you, but that is really all I can tell you." Adara tried to soften her words knowing that they would upset me. Before I could say anything my grandfather ran into the room.

"Carter something is wrong with Elinn you have to come right now. She needs you."

AN: Thank you all so much for reading this book. We just hit 2 thousand followers on my page and I am so grateful to everyone that did that. I have a couple questions for you all and I would really like an answer! Firstly Do you all like the Q and A book? Is it something that you are all enjoying? Second would you like a sequel to this book. It's drawing to a conclusion, but I want to know how many of you would actually take the time to go see a new book. Thirdly I would like to publish two new books and want to know if you guys would read them. One would be a book of short stories based on different writing prompts and I would update it once a week. The other would be a teen fiction novel about some teenagers with superpowers, one of whom is a girl who was in the military and is seen as an outsider to everyone. Would you all read it if I published it? Let me know in the comments. Until next time, bye bye!