Chapter 68: Speech

Carter

After dessert had been served the dining room began to grow louder. People laughed more and it was clear that if someone was going to give a speech now was the perfect time. Alpha Zayden stood and walked towards a microphone that was set on a platform behind the head table. He climbed the steps and waited for the hall to be silent before he began.

"Thank you all so much for being here tonight. My wife has worked very hard to make everything perfect for tonight. I would like to thank her for the hours she put in as well as Margene Johnson for helping her with everything." The crowd gave them a quiet round of applause and the two women blushed at the compliments.

"Now, I think it is time that I tell you all something very important. About a third of the people here already know why this ball was thrown, the other two thirds may have been misled. While we are here to celebrate the mating of Alpha Carter and his new Luna, there is something most of you do not know about her. To explain it to you I am going to tell you a story." Zayden glanced at Elinn to make sure she was listening before he began speaking.

"When I was twenty years old I met the love of my life, my mate, Adara. We went out for a few weeks before we got married and were mated. If we could have been married the day we met I'm sure that we would have, but she wanted to make sure her family could be there. So we waited for a month to give people adequate notice before moving forward.

Two months later Adara came to me while I was in my office. This was an uncommon thing for her to do so I wondered why she was there. We were together the majority of the time, but I had never taken her with me to the office unless I needed to do work with me. Otherwise, she was much too distracting and we wouldn't get anything done." The crowd chuckled at this while Elinn's mother blushed a deep pink and buried her face in her napkin.

"When I asked her why she was there she just looked at me for a second. I was worried, to say the least, but I was trying to stay calm. She handed me a small package and I opened it to find a pregnancy test. That was when I learned that Prince Darius was going to be born. I was overjoyed and we began to prepare for this new arrival.

Darius was born and Adara and I were so happy to have a little boy of our own. We loved him with everything we had, but after a few months, we realized something was wrong. Our little boy was fine, but we knew that our family wasn't complete yet. So we decided to have another baby so that our little boy could have a friend.

Five months later Adara surprised me with another announcement. She was pregnant again and another baby was on the way. Darius was only a year old at the time and didn't really understand what was going on, but he was excited. When we found out it was a boy and we were so happy." I looked over to see Xander and Darius starring over at each other with knowing smiles. They both knew where this story was going by the conspiratorial smile on their faces.

"We were one happy loving little family. The boys always had anything they could ask for, within reason that is. They were always playing together and making a mess of the palace, but everyone loved them so it was fine. Our lives seemed to be filled with everything we could ever need.

Then four years later a miracle came along and our little Elinn was brought into our lives. At first, the boys weren't sure if they liked her after all girls weren't the same as boys. After she burped for the first time they decided she couldn't be too bad and we could never get them to leave her alone after that." Elinn chuckled a little and glanced over at her brothers. Her eyes were filled with tears, but they were tears of joy, she was hearing her story after all. Even if it wasn't a story that she could remember it was still one that could touch her.

"As the boys grew it was clear that Elinn was the most important things in their lives. They took her everywhere with them whether that was to a friends house or to the bathtub she was never far from them. Darius and Xanders's friends quickly became Elinn's friends too even though sometimes she didn't understand the activities. They loved her with their whole hearts along with her cousin Elliott