Chapter 25: The Past

Elinn

I sat on Carter's bed looking at the presents all around me. I could remember receiving things from my family when I was still with them. I had also received gifts from Master a couple of times, but they weren't the same. He would give me lesser punishments or allow me a few hours more to rest after a beating. These gifts seemed to be different, more sincere.

"I hope you didn't mind that I invited them. They sorta took me by surprise and I assumed you wouldn't mind." Carter said from where he sat on one of the chairs. He was putting all of the presents into a box so I could easily take them back to my room.

"No, I didn't mind at....in fact I appreciated it. It was nice to meet some people who live here who aren't intimidating. Maybe I'll go hang out with Annelise and Corbin sometimes." I suggested as I stood and walked over to the couch.

"Elinn can I ask you a question?" Carter queried as he stared at me.

"Sure, I don't know if I'll have a suitable answer," I tell him honestly. His eyes softened and he got up and sat next to me.

"Elinn, I just want you to answer me as yourself. There are no right or wrong answers just what you have to say," He grabbed my hand and held it in his. I looked up at him and allowed a small smile to appear on my face.

"What can you remember about your life before you were taken by the Shadow Mountain Pack?" HIs question took me by surprise. I wasn't sure what to say.

"I'm not allowed to talk about my past. It doesn't matter because I do not matter. All I need worry about is pleasing those around me." My answer was somewhat automatic. I had never been able to talk about my family, the memories had been taken from me. Carter gently turned my head towards his.

"You are not there anymore Elinn you are here now, with me. I don't care about what the old rules were, they are gone now. I need you to remember that, please promise me you will try to remember that." A feeling of peace and comfort flowed over me. Carter would never do the things Master had done to me. I rested my head on his shoulder as I began to tell him about my life before all of this.

"I don't remember much about what it was like back then. Master spent a large portion of my early years with him destroying those memories. What I do remember is nice though, full of fun and love. I had a Mom and Dad who I'm fairly certain loved me. I think I can remember two other children, though I don't recall if they were friends or family.

I can remember climbing trees and going as high as I could before someone would call out for me to stop. There was a large bed in what I think was my room that was so so soft. The two other kids were boys who would follow me everywhere. I can still remember thinking that nothing would ever change and I would be happy forever." I could feel tears wetting my cheeks and I quickly wiped them away.

"Is there anything else you can remember, like names or events that might help me find your family?" Carter asked as he curled me closer to his side.

"People came to see us all the time, it was strange. They would visit with my parents and then want to see me. I never understood why they wanted to talk to me when my mother and father were much more fun to talk with. They said I was special and would be a very important young woman. I was never able to recall why they said it though, it didn't make sense to me." It was the one part of my memories I had never been able to figure out.

"That's strange I have to admit. I'm sure we will find your family soon though Elinn, they must be so worried about you. I can't imagine how distraught they must have been to find out you were gone." Carter's words confused me.
"My parents knew where I was, at least I thought they did. The man said that he had been sent to fetch me for something. I asked if Mommy and Daddy had said it was okay and he told me they said it was all right. Why would they be worried if they knew where I was the whole time?" I could see understanding dawn in his eyes. It was quickly followed by a dark boiling rage that caused me to scoot away quickly.

"Elinn, those men never asked your parents if you could go with them. They just told you that so you would trust them, so they could take you. Your parents were probably worried when you weren't in the house and if they couldn't find you...." He trailed off and looked as though he were a million miles away in thought.

"But, if they knew I was missing then why didn't they search for me? Wouldn't they have wanted to find me? Nevermind that was stupid, of course, they wouldn't," I murmured to myself forgetting Carter could hear me. Suddenly his lips were warm and insistent against mine.

It wasn't like the little small kiss we had shared before, this one was different. Carter's lips were firmer and more commanding. His hand was pressed against the back of my neck allowing me no escape. His tongue trailed against my bottom lip and I gasped in surprise. When I tried to close my mouth I found his tongue was now blocking me as it searched mine.

I pulled away from him gasping for air a deep blush on my cheeks. Carter didn't let go of me and pulled me closer to him which I didn't think was actually possible. His hands trailed looping circles down my arms as he took a deep breath.

"You are loved Elinn, by more people than you know. Never forget that you matter, and you are important. If to no one else than to me, at least. So please don't doubt your worth, everyone was born to do something and you were born to help me lead. You are one of the strongest bravest people I know and I don't care what you say this is an argument that I will win." No one had ever said anything like that to me before, no one had ever cared enough to do so.

"Carter, do you really think we can find my family, and that they are looking for me?" I wondered aloud not entirely sure what his answer would be.

"I'm sure that we can find your family though it will take time. I don't know if they are still looking for you. Not out of lack of caring, just because it's been so long. They may think that after all this time you are dead. It's been twelve years Elinn, you won't be the same girl they remembered anyways, you were eight then now you're twenty." Carter consoled me.

"I'm not too worried about the whole thing. I've never really wondered what who they were anyway." I told him honestly. I really hadn't considered where they were or if they cared where I was. I always assumed they had sent me to live with Master and didn't care about what happened to me.

"Even if we don't find your family, you can share mine. They already love you like your their own daughter. So what do you say Elinn, will you let me be your new family?" He seemed so serious with the question I had to laugh.

"Yes, Carter you can be my new family," Carter picked me up and spun me around planting another kiss on me.

"Well let's get started with introducing you to your new family then," with that I was being carried out of the room to who knows where. This should be interesting.

AN: So remember how my laptop was just fixed, well it's broken again. This is getting to be ridiculous! Anyways we have twelve thousand views on the story and we are number 116 in werewolf. Thank you all so much for the funny comments and all the support you put behind each other. I appreciate that and am proud of you guys. Let me know what you are all thinking. Until next time, bye bye!