Chapter 20: Interrogation

Carter

I sat on one side of the one-way glass and watched as two of the pack warriors dragged the first man in for his interrogation. The twist was that he wouldn't know what was going on until after. Right now the only person in the room was Nathan and everyone in the Shadow Mountain Pack assumed that he was the same as them. He was my inside man and it was time for him to earn his paycheck.

"Nathan good to see you, man. What's going on? Why am I being held in a cell?" The man asked Nate as he took a seat in front of him.

"It's good to see you too Lucien. Honestly, I don't know why you're here, though I'm pretty sure this is all a big misunderstanding. I'm sure you will be released soon and it's nothing to worry about." Nate said casually.

"I hope so I had plans for tonight, well at least the night the attack happened. Jax invited James and I to come to his room for a couple hours. Alpha was giving him a nice reward that he wanted to share with us," Lucien's eyes clouded over with a look I couldn't quite discern. What was he talking about?

"What were you planning on doing that night?" Nate tried to sound almost uninterested as he asked.

"It was going to be a long night that's for sure. Jax told me that I should bring some wrap for my knuckles because I would probably need it. I mean who am I to turn down an invitation to beat the crap out of someone. Sounded like fun, you know." Lucien sighed as if beating someone up was the funnest thing in the world. I would agree with him because at this exact moment I would enjoy nothing more than punching him in his smug face.

"Do you know who exactly Jax was planning on having over. Sounds like something I might want to join in on after we get all of this sorted out." Nate was doing a fantastic job of getting Lucien to talk without him knowing what he was really doing. I was so proud of my little brother.

"There was this girl that Alpha had been keeping as a prisoner for as long as I've been in the Shadow Mountain Pack. She was always cleaning and cooking for us, but Alpha Marcus liked to take everything out on her. I'm pretty sure since she refused an order by Delta Jax that Marcus allowed Jax to have her for the evening." I knew Lucien was talking about Elinn. He had to be there was Elinn received her punishment.

"Nate ask him about what happened at Elinn's punishment. I want to know exactly what happened and why." I knew Nate wasn't one to question orders. He believed that I knew what I was doing, and if I gave a bad command I owned up to it.

"So Lucien can you tell me what the girl's punishment was? It sounds like it had to have been a lot of fun. I mean if you weren't there I completely understand," Oh he was good. Lucien looked at Nate as though he had just said his mother was a warthog faced monkey.

"What do you mean was I there? Of course, I was there, I always attend the events, they're entertaining. Alpha Marcus allowed us to go and fetch her because it was Jax she had run away from. It's a good idea to be friends with the higher ups you know what I mean?" Lucien asked. Nathan just nodded his head as if he completely understood the situation.

"Well anyways we went down to get her. Jax got in a couple decent hits before we took her up to Marcus's whipping room. She was trying so hard to be brave, she didn't say a word, never does. We locked her in and Jax took his turn whipping her. She didn't even flinch, it was like nothing was even happening.

That's when Marcus stepped in, and man he is good. He had her screaming in no time at all. It really was a sight to see, you should have been there man. Her back looked like it was a slab of meat, Marcus can do amazing things with a whip." It was all too much for me I was going in.

I stormed into the interrogation room causing Lucien to look up suddenly. He looked from Nate to me confusion filling his gaze.

"Nate what the," Before he could finish his sentence I punched him in the jaw. Lucien fell out of his chair and onto the floor. A groan escaped his lips and Nathan let out a low chuckle.

"Lucien I don't think you've been properly introduced. This is my Alpha and older brother Carter Johnson. He is the alpha of the Mistward Dawn pack, you know the biggest baddest pack ever. He's not very happy with you." I could see Lucien trying to figure out what was going on in his head.

"Hey man, I don't want no trouble. I haven't done anything to you or your pack I swear. So let's just chalk this whole thing up to a misunderstanding," Oh I would be having none of that.

"That is where you are so very wrong. You see you have harmed the most crucial member of my pack. Care to take a guess as to who it is?" I asked as I knelt down next to where he sat on the floor.

"Um....do you think I hurt your beta or something?" He asked.

"You tortured my MATE! For twelve years your 'pack' has been abusing and tormenting a young girl. You even participated in hurting her, you did it for fun like it was a game or something. When I'm through with you, nobody is going to be able to recognize you." I seethed and threw another punch into his face.

"You have no idea how damaged you made her. She is scared to even let me touch her. I'M HER MATE! She shouldn't flinch from my touch, she should crave it. But you took that from her! YOU RUINED HER TRUST! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!" Lucien was now underneath me and I was choking him. Nothing was going to stop me from killing this man.

"Carter we need you up here right now! There is something wrong with Elinn. We aren't sure what exactly is the problem but we need you up here!" All the air left my body with that one statement. Elinn was hurt and I wasn't there to help her.

I got up and I ran for the hospital room. As I burst in I found Elinn thrashing about on the bed. I ran up to her and pulled her to my chest. I ran my hands through her hair and her body began to relax and the shaking began to lessen.

"It's okay I'm here. No one can hurt you now, I won't let them. You are safe, I've got you now. I promise everything will get better." I poured all the truth I had into the words and her eyes opened and met mine. 

AN: Thank you all for being so patient. My laptop broke so I had nothing to write on so I was doing my best to get this chapter out as fast as I could. Thank you so much for all your support. If you were interested this book is 220 in Werewolf! I am so grateful for all of you who read this book, it means a lot to me. Let me know what you guys are thinking, and I'll do my best to respond. Until next time, bye bye!