Chapter 39: Eyes

Carter

I stalked Elinn into the hall, she was playing a dangerous game. My wolf was becoming more and more drawn to her and it was getting harder to suppress my instincts. The fact that she was now starting to tease me wasn't going to make this any easier.

"Elinn, where did you go?" I called down the hallway. I could still smell her intoxicating scent in the air but I couldn't see her. She gave me no answer and I knew she was hiding. Oh she really was trying to test my wolf, wasn't she?

"Little mate I suggest you come out now, my wolf wants to play and I don't think you want that. Now be a good little girl and come out." Still no reply, well at least I had warned her.

I took a backseat to reality as my wolf came forward. He didn't shift there wasn't a need to, at least not yet. He sniffed at the air and began to follow out mates scent. At first, he kept a slow pace, but the smell was driving him crazy and he sped up the search.

We could hear her footsteps now only a few hundred yards ahead of us probably and she was considerably slower than we were since she hadn't shifted yet. We turned a corner and caught our first glimpse of the fleeing girl. Our feet pounded faster against the wooden floors.

She was only twenty yards in front of us now and she knew we were right behind her. She tried to push herself to run faster because she started to gain again, but that wasn't going to happen. We pushed even more and were soon only ten yards behind.

We knew Elinn could tell we were about to get her when she ducked into a random room. We followed and observed the still bedroom. She still thought she could outsmart us, did she? We took another step into the room.

There was a flash of movement behind us as Elinn tried to quickly scurry out of the room. It was a valiant effort, but we were faster and had sharper senses than her. I smoothly turned her around and threw her gently onto the bed. I climbed on top of her and pinned her hands above her head.

"Caught you little one," My wolf said calmly. I knew that my eyes had to be red right now. My wolf was in full control and it would take some work to reel him back in if he got out of hand. Suddenly Elinn's eyes went pure gold and her wolf looked up at mine.

"It's nice to finally meet you to be let out. I've been waiting for you for so long, you have no idea. Glad to see you've finally come out to play. What is your name mate?" Elinn's wolf had a subtle power that radiated off of her. I assumed it was because she was part of the royal family, but my wolf seemed more unsure.

"My name is Lupa, what is your's little thing?" My wolf's words seemed strange to me but I brushed it off. Her wolf stared into my eyes and gave me a disarming smile.

"My name is Ari and I would be careful how you speak to me. I am not as small as you might think. Your human knows that he has listened well thus far. He's so obedient, that means you must be a good little pup huh, great at taking orders." My wolf growled at her words.

"You are handsome though, I can see why the goddess chose us for mates. Maybe you will be able to....no that isn't something that we need to discuss. However, I do need to talk to your master now, run along pup, if I need you I'll call." The she-wolf demanded.

There was something different about Elinn's wolf, she wasn't the same as she had been before. Elinn's eyes had glowed white then and now they were gold, what could that mean?I took back the reigns still trying to figure out what was going on.

"Who are you?"I asked warily, this thing in Elinn's body wasn't right. Its aura was strange yet still felt like Elinn.

"Ahh....so you're an observant one are you? Already beginning to see things, I thought it would take you longer, she hasn't even figured it out yet. Although it's hard to communicate with her, we aren't very strong at the moment considering the shape her body's in. Thought you said you would take care of her? Not doing a good job of that are we?" It was taunting me, but what I didn't understand was why.

"I am trying my best to protect her, it isn't always easy." I gritted out.

"I didn't say protect her, I said take care of her, those things are not the same. If you protect her if you shelter her than she will never learn, never become stronger. She needs to begin training, you were told once before to start and you haven't. If you don't begin soon, she will die.

We aren't patient and we won't wait till she is strong enough to control us before we shift. Where would the fun be in all that? Maybe if we do it right now, we will never have to let her back in, she can stay locked in the back of our head for years. Then she will understand what we felt, what WE went through!" The fury in those golden eyes frightened me. This wolf was threatening our mate's safety and I wouldn't have it.

"If you try and pull a stunt like that, I will kill you. I will find a way to scoop you out of her head and I will make you give her back. I don't care if it kills you or me or both of us. YOU WILL NOT HURT HER!" I growled it into her face and let my claws come out and scrape her wrists.

"There you are, that is what an alpha should be. Work on it pup, I know you have it in you. Train her, or I won't continue to be so kind to her body or her mind." With that Elinn's eyes went from that destructive gold back their demure blue.

"Carter, what happened? How did we get on this bed? Why are your eyes red?" So Elinn couldn't remember what had happened, that was strange. Wolves normally retained a memory of what their wolves did, they controlled them and could watch their every action.

"I was chasing you through the halls, remember, you decided it was a good idea to play hide and go chase." If she couldn't remember I wasn't going to tell her. I wouldn't let those thoughts trouble her, I would think about them later, right now Elinn was all that mattered.

"I definitely could have outrun you! You cheated and took a shortcut or something, besides you didn't answer my question about your eyes." Elinn pointed out as she tried to wiggle out of my grasp.

"My eyes are red, darling because my wolf is very close to the surface right now and want to be out. Your teasing earlier was very arousing and he's pushing me to mark you. It would be very....pleasurable for both of us." Technically none of what I was saying was a lie. It was all true, it just wasn't true for the current moment, but it had been when I was chasing her through the halls.

"Oh...." Elinn was blushing and turned her head to try and hide it.

"Does that embarrass you? Does hearing that you turn me on make you feel uncomfortable?" I said softly, sensually as I leaned closer to her. My wolf was still on edge and this was the best way for us to relax a little bit.

"N...n..no, it d...d...doesn't bother me at all," Her stuttering was really quite adorable.

"Is that so....maybe if I were to do this," I let my lips trail down her jaw to her throat. Her heartbeat got faster, this was really affecting her.

"Or maybe if I went...." I allowed my lips to mark the curve of her neck. Her breathing quickened and her face heated up even more. When I reached her shoulder I started searching for the area I would mark her on.

"Ahhh," Elinn moaned out in pleasure. Her body jerked under me trying to arch into my chest. Yes, that was definitely the right spot.

"Carter, what is happening?" Elinn's breaths were short and quick. I leaned back looking into her eyes I realized how stupid I was. No one had explained to her what the mating process was yet.

I sighed and threw my legs over her stomach landing on the ground. I released her wrists and helped her to her feet, I began walking out of the room as I explained.

"This will be easiest to explain with the help of some books. I never thought I would have this conversation with anyone but my own children, but it seems I was wrong. Fear not though fair maiden, I will awkwardly educate you on what is going on between us.

Elinn giggled and wrapped her free hand around my arm. I didn't know what was wrong with her wolf, but one thing was for certain. If it came down to it, I would take her wolf away from her, I wouldn't let my mate get hurt. Not again.

AN: EIGHTY THOUSAND VIEWS!! I am so excited that this is happening. I am grateful for all of you guys who read so much. I was wondering the other day, I can see what countries people are reading from but who lives where? If you want let me know in your comments. Until next time, bye bye!