Chapter 61: Drugs

Elinn

The pain wasn't the worst I had ever felt, but it wasn't exactly nice either. I knew that something was wrong, I was having a great deal of trouble breathing. The action itself hurt and I thought my insides were about to pop out of my chest or something. My eyes were heavy and even though I was awake I refused to open my eyes. Not for the nurses, or the doctors, not for my family, it would be to much work.

"Elinn I know you're awake, I really need you to open your eyes. I know you're in a lot of pain and if you open your eyes. I need you to see me so that we can talk about this." I could feel Carter's anxiety and how much he really need this right now. I open my eyes sensing that this is going to be very serious.

"I am so sorry you are going through this right now, but I am getting you all the help I can right now. I've had the doctor's pump you with the maximum amount of morphine and the cure for the drug that psycho doctor got you with." Carter told me as he smoothed back my hair so it wasn't in the face.

"What is g....g....going on? W....w.....why are you so up....up....upset?" It hurt so much to talk, but I knew that I needed to ask or I would never have a hope of knowing.

"We found something very interesting in the dungeons today and I wanted you to have a look at it. I know that you can't get out of bed and I know you're in a lot of pain so I'll make this quick so we can get some more drugs into you. I promise this is important and I wouldn't be bothering you if it wasn't." Carter turned and walked the few steps to the door pulling it open.

A man walked in followed by two guards who held his upper arms. His hands were cuffed in front of him, even though I was fairly certain if I pushed him he would fall right over. He was skinny, maybe even skinnier than I was which I never thought was even possible.

"Elinn, have you ever seen this man before? It would have been at the old house, he may have been one of the men who hurt you?" Carter suggested as he carefully watched for my reaction.

I studied the man more closely this time, wondering if I had seen him before. As I searched through my memories I did find him in one of them. One of the times I was sent down to Master's dungeons, he was there.

I had been in the cell for two hours and no one had come in to hurt me. It was unheard of and I am sure that something bad was coming. I didn't want to think about what they could possibly be planning. Suddenly there seemed to be an army of footsteps coming towards my cell and I knew I was about to get hurt.

"Hey deary, have you missed us?" One of the guards taunted me.

I scurried to the back of the cell, it would take them longer to get back here giving me a few more seconds of freedom. The door swung open and two guards walked in and grabbed me and dragged me to the front. My hands were cuffed to the wall nearest the door and I did my best not to cry at the pain the movement caused.

"We brought some of the other guests down here to come introduce themselves, now wasn't that nice of us. Now we can all have a fun time together." It was the head guard talking and his fingers slid along my body as he spoke.

"Y....y....yes in the d....d....dungeons. He w....w....was kept there t....to," I managed to get out. Carter nodded as if he had already guessed as much.

"That's all I needed to know Elinn thanks." Carter said turning to the guards.

"Get him a room, some clothes, and food he is innocent. Then when he and your Luna are feeling better we will all have a nice chat." Carter instructed and the guards led the man out.

Carter crawled into the bed and layed down next to me. My eyes were beginning to droop even though I hadn't really done anything all day.

"Sleep now, we'll talk when you feel better I love you." With that I closed my eyes and let the rest of the world fall away.

AN: I know this is really short but Nutcracker is crazy right now. Tomorrow will hopefully be a longer update. Thank you all for being so willing to help me. I know this is all over the place, but it will make sense and I'm sorry it's so short. Until next time, bye bye!